• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Conch Salad

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

dend76

Feb 18, 2005
Living in the Caribbean, conch salad has come to be one of my favorite snacks. It is very tasty, and easy to make (aside from cleaning the conch). Here are the basics, but ingredients and amounts vary with taste.

1-2 conch
1 green bell pepper
1 onion
2 tomatoes
2 limes
salt
pepper
hot sauce
worschischire sauce
katsup (optional)

In a mixing bowl, squeeze the juice of 2 limes (we have small limes, so 1 large one would do) over the diced raw conch meat. Stir and let sit for a few minutes. Dice up the vegetables, and mix in. Add a few dashes of worschischire and hot sauce, and season with salt and pepper. I personally like to add a healthy amount of katsup. It thickens everything up and adds flavor, but some people don't like this.

Eat with crackers or tortilla chips (kind of like salsa).

I think it tastes best after refridgerating for a few hours after all the flavors really come out, but it is also good made fresh on the boat for a post dive snack.

Hope you enjoy.

One quick tip. If you have 2 conch, you can use the spike on the end of the one shell to crack open the other one. A hammer and a screwdriver work best, but this method is effective if you don't have the proper tools on hand.

dend76 said:
Living in the Caribbean, conch salad has come to be one of my favorite snacks. It is very tasty, and easy to make (aside from cleaning the conch). Here are the basics, but ingredients and amounts vary with taste.

i dend76.. i used to live in the caribbean and had an awful experience with conch fritters... hmm don't think conch likes me at all!

will try your recipe with oysters.. :p

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT