• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Conch your way to better health

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Conch

May 17, 2006
We are looking for conch recipes.

Particulary for fritters, tempura, and cracked conch.

Can anyone provide a recipe for above or give name of cooking book(s) that will provide the recipe?

Thanks

Hello Conch

I have an old recipe for conch salad which rocks:

1/2 kg conch meat (pounded and cut into thin slivers)
2 tomatoes - peeled, deseeded then chopped
1 cucumber - peeled, deseeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
6 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper
2 tsp hot sauce or to taste.

Combine all ingredients in a bowl, cover and marinade for at least 2 hrs.

And for those conch fritters ...

1/2 kg minced conch (or very finely chopped)

for the batter:

60 gms flour
1/2 tbsp paprika
1 tsp chilli powder
salt and pepper
1 tsp baking powder
2 eggs beaten
1/2 pint beer

Mix all the dry ingredients. Whisk in the beaten eggs and beer gradually. Add the conch and leave to stand for an hour or so. Drop spoonfuls into hot oil and fry until brown on both sides ... won't take long. Serve with hot and spicy tomato dipping sauce.

Laura,
Tasty. Looking forward to trying that if I find any conches.
Will be salt freeing soon and returning to uk full time next year...
Are you and Mark free between 4th and 24th July? We should meet up. My bitch might be around too so I will not look like a spare wheel.
DAve

Hey Gangsta Man
I missed this .. been away sunning it and yes ... we're around in July and it will be v. groovy to see you either in the mean green or for a session somewhere.
Keep it neat!
x

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…