• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 43,000+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 510,000+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,450+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Constrictor Cord Material

DiveHacker

Jun 17, 2020
Bangkok
I had a wishbone come out of the band and I do not have much material and don't have many shops around me. I do have some 1.5mm dyneema. Would this work well as constrictor cord? I am gonna try it anyway but just thought I would post here in hopes to get some quick responses.

Reactions: Mr. X

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
Sunny Britain
Yes, it happened to me once too, never again.Yes, good option. I am currently using 1.8mm spectra for my constrictor knots. Kevlar is good, no stretch. Best not to go too narrow.

I've tried all sorts. Braid works. But you have to be careful with cords that stretch they need to be tried extra tight.

DiveHacker

Jun 17, 2020
Bangkok
Thanks. I did use it. I sorta liked working with it, although i suppose it would be expensive if you did a lot of bands. I may pick up some braided line.

Johny Depth

Sep 27, 2020
italy
Braided nylon 1.5 or 1mm.The Dynema used for fast repair 1mm tied in water to aviod friction.Other wise i use vasaline or bp jelly!also for wish bone in dynema i inject siringe with out needle in to latex hole aids insetion probability for dynama wish bone

Mr. X

Forum Mentor
Staff member
Forum Mentor
Jul 14, 2005
Sunny Britain
I bought 50m reel of 1.8mm Apnea Dyneema from https://SpearfishingStore.co.uk, they often have the best prices, and I bought it during one of their 30% off sales, as part of a bigger order (so no extra shipping). If I don't use it as reel line (I have a 100m of thicker, brighter, cheaper polypropylene para cord for that), it should last a while.

I think it had already sold out before the final 40% off sale. The webstore is now under new management. They are starting to ramp up gradually, with covid and all. It will be Interesting to see how they will run things. They seem pleasant and helpful.

DivingNomad

Sep 21, 2015
USA
I bought 50m reel of 1.8mm Apnea Dyneema from https://SpearfishingStore.co.uk, they often have the best prices, and I bought it during one of their 30% off sales, as part of a bigger order (so no extra shipping). If I don't use it as reel line (I have a 100m of thicker, brighter, cheaper polypropylene para cord for that), it should last a while.

I think it had already sold out before the final 40% off sale. The webstore is now under new management. They are starting to ramp up gradually, with covid and all. It will be Interesting to see how they will run things. They seem pleasant and helpful.

It seems a young guy is the new owner. I wish them all the success. It is terrible times to be involved in small leisure business now.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2020 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Spearfishing and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT