• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Contest Winner!!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

icarus pacific

Human-in-training
Nov 7, 2001
WINNA, WINNA, CHICKEN DINNA!!

OK folks so here's the deal: First off, many thanks to everyone that submitted an entry. I had a good time and have to imagine that it was likewise for those that were involved. Shows you members that didn't, huh? :t

The entries were great (according to the panel of three judges, my kids, but then they're kids... ;) )

It came down to three entries: Thin Air's, "Honey, just use the algae brush like the neighbors"; Longfins, "Failed freediving product idea", and Anderson's caption/visual combo, "Sven goes for the Gold". My youngest liked Anderson's- go figure.rofl

And so after much deliberation, the winner of a Phat dive T shirt is:

Longfins

(cue the audience applause smilie face...)

So now, Longfins, get a hold of me by e mail and I'll hook you up. And again to everyone that entered, nice job. To those that didn't, why?, and to Stephan and the crew, it's your turn. Charge a buck a throw and then you can lose the, "Hey, howzabout buying us a drink?" pander/spiel that has absolutely zero appeal to those of us that practice a healthy and sober lifestyle and sport.

Thanks everybody.

sven

Congrats to Longfins on winning the contest!

I think it was great, it's always great to see the humour everyone has on these forums - i'm proud and humbled to have you all visit our little corner of cyberspace.

Once Longfins has contacted you Sven, email me and we'll talk about getting the Tee over to him. In this case, i'll buy the Tee shirt for Longfins, but only because I thought competition was great. However, don't everyone else start thinking that my generous streak will continue...other un-official competitions should bring their own prizes :)
Charge a buck a throw and then you can lose the, "Hey, howzabout buying us a drink?" pander/spiel that has absolutely zero appeal to those of us that practice a healthy and sober lifestyle and sport.
:D Well, it's only some harmless fun on our part, I won't bore you with details but i've personally spent a good chunk of money on this site and just thought it would be nice to let people contribute as well. This site is free because I and everyone who works on it, plus all you lot that visit it, want it to be free. Some people want to contribute, others don't... :waterwork

Me, well I still remember the days when I was happy to see 1 person visit the site in a week... :duh

Magnanimous to a fault...

Lest my point go mistaken Stephan, I'm all for donating monies to causes and organizations that provide the things that DB does- entertainment, education and thought provocation for the betterment of the sport and ourselves. Thus my logistically difficult notion of having fun and meaningless contests with a tab to enter. I don't know how you'd go about collecting short of it being honor... and there are some rascals here.

I do envy and salute your efforts here. A success such as DB seems to be is the result of much and many- funds and hours. To that end, I'd still like to pick up the tab for the shirt for Longfins and have you reinvest your generous offer into the site. Thanks for the class to have offered.

My issue with the "buying a drink" thing stems merely from the wording and it's painful connotations, not the need to ask for donations.

Thanks for letting the fun happen here.

sven

RE-COUNT!!!!!!!

i demand a recount!!!!! that's how we floridians get our way!!! rofl

maybe you had a tricky ballot?! did your kids punch the right slots or what? come on! count em again! :D

yeah, yeah... i didn't need a phatdive t-shirt anyways. already got one. that's why i didn't try too hard. ;)

adios muchachos

Thanks Sven for putting on a great contest! (Thanks Sven's youngsters!)

It's 75F in the Bay Area (in February??) right now, so I'll wear the tee with pride!

Stephan, thanks for your hard work for the site, and I'll second Sven's thought: Thanks for letting the fun happen here!

Peter

hey longfins, congratulations, i agree with sven's kids yours truely halerious(sp) rofl :cool:

anyway i also want to thank stephan for all that he has done you truly did a miracle bringing all of these freedivers together in one place where info is shared freely, this has truly helped me with my freediving and my overall fitness (gotta love that cold h2o)

thanks everyone

hey, i can be mature about this. it's totally ok that longfins bribed your kids. his entry was TOTALLY subliminal! he went right for the kids' subconcious....listen to me kidddddssssss, you are getting sleeeeehpeeeee. you will chooooose my entreeeeee. i will give you lottttss of candeeeeeee. choooose my entreeeeee. but, seriously, that's ok. you put no rules out. that's fine. :D

oh yeah. sven, do you need someone to pick you up at the airport march 27th in lauderdale? ;) ladies beware!

thanks

thanks sven, and Stephan Whelan for letting this site have it's not quite that death serious side as well, it does good to us freedivers I think...:t
and Congrats to Longfins on winning the contest:cool:

Re: Re: RE-COUNT!!!!!!!

Originally posted by icarus pacific

I knew this was coming...:head

sven

Something to do with Anderson's "Hanging Chad" ? ;)
Cheers,
Erik Y.

now THAT'S funny, Erik!

The metaphors for Anderson's ballot punch would probably take up another thread. :mute That he named it Chad is pretty sick though. :yack

sven

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT