• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Contest!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Do you think an apnea photography contest is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

whucash

Much Better Down There
Apr 14, 2007
Why not make a apnea photography contest?!
Fred isn't the only one breath photographer

I think there would be many contenders, imagine 50 and everyone could add 3 photos!

Advertising..thread on the forum and short article in "news" section on the main site

The judges.. I thought about 2 ways:
1) voting-anyone could have an opportunity to vote
or
2) 3-5 known photographers will give their votes about the photos

The prizes..well honestly i think an advert on main site about the winners would be great!

What do you think guys? I think iit would be a good way of promoting the Deeperblue gallery!

Reactions: Kars
Nice idea, I would love to see what freedivers can come up with; and what may sets their photo's apart from photo's made on scuba.
When watching Freedivers' websites I see many have a developed artistic sense.

I remember that on DB there was one initiative for a birthday calender, maybe the best 12 shots can be put on a DB calender? Adding some of DB's sponsor banners could pay partly for the production costs. Maybe also add a little portrait of the person behind the camera, so we will know the crafty and can thank them for their brilliant work.

Another idea would be a 'youtube' video contest.

Keep those lenses clean and your eyes open!

Kars

Last edited:
Great idea with the calendar! I saw some kind of contest here:
Under water, where I belong
I think it is even a link from you Kars.
But alone we can't do nothing we need the atenntion from the guys above..the Deeperblue MAsters
Come on! What do you think about this?

I think it's a great idea, although it can be really hard for people in e.g. English channel, to compete with those in tropical clear waters...
I used to enter the wetpixel picture of the week, but actually the tropical ones have a big advantage (and make genuinely better pictures too!).
Would be fun to have a photo of the month feature though.

That's a good point but if the judges would be professional enough they could choose the ebst one..and we could add categories: indoor, from championship etc. thats a quick idea.. My photos for example are almost alwayes taken in swimming pool.
Fortehrmore i think this could promote both: new photographers and DB..and the sponsors ofcourse.
But I think the decision is made by the Chief;p

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…