• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Contest!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Do you think an apnea photography contest is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 16 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

whucash

Much Better Down There
Apr 14, 2007
Why not make a apnea photography contest?!
Fred isn't the only one breath photographer:)

I think there would be many contenders, imagine 50 and everyone could add 3 photos!

Advertising..thread on the forum and short article in "news" section on the main site

The judges.. I thought about 2 ways:
1) voting-anyone could have an opportunity to vote
or
2) 3-5 known photographers will give their votes about the photos

The prizes..well honestly i think an advert on main site about the winners would be great!

What do you think guys? I think iit would be a good way of promoting the Deeperblue gallery!

Reactions: Kars
Nice idea, I would love to see what freedivers can come up with; and what may sets their photo's apart from photo's made on scuba.
When watching Freedivers' websites I see many have a developed artistic sense.

I remember that on DB there was one initiative for a birthday calender, maybe the best 12 shots can be put on a DB calender? Adding some of DB's sponsor banners could pay partly for the production costs. Maybe also add a little portrait of the person behind the camera, so we will know the crafty and can thank them for their brilliant work.

Another idea would be a 'youtube' video contest.

Keep those lenses clean and your eyes open!

Kars

Last edited:
Great idea with the calendar! I saw some kind of contest here:
Under water, where I belong
I think it is even a link from you Kars.
But alone we can't do nothing we need the atenntion from the guys above..the Deeperblue MAsters:)
Come on! What do you think about this?

I think it's a great idea, although it can be really hard for people in e.g. English channel, to compete with those in tropical clear waters...
I used to enter the wetpixel picture of the week, but actually the tropical ones have a big advantage (and make genuinely better pictures too!).
Would be fun to have a photo of the month feature though.

I think it's a great idea, although it can be really hard for people in e.g. English channel, to compete with those in tropical clear waters...
I used to enter the wetpixel picture of the week, but actually the tropical ones have a big advantage (and make genuinely better pictures too!).
Would be fun to have a photo of the month feature though.

That's a good point but if the judges would be professional enough they could choose the ebst one..and we could add categories: indoor, from championship etc. thats a quick idea.. My photos for example are almost alwayes taken in swimming pool.
Fortehrmore i think this could promote both: new photographers and DB..and the sponsors ofcourse.
But I think the decision is made by the Chief;p

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT