• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cookies for you

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

maytag

SpinCycleSurvivor
Aug 20, 2006
Just wanted to post and wish you a wonderful and safe holiday season. Have a healthy and happy 2007.

They say time heals all things, and laughter is the best medicine. I have not found that to be true. That said, the latter makes the former go by with a little less edge, and much more bearable. Keep diving, keep posting - you never know how you're blessing others, but assuredly you are.

I'd have liked to send you each a box of goodies and a card, but they might not be "good" by the time they reached you.
Please find instead a plate of virtual gingerbread divers (what? they're not wearing any gear! - ah but they are gingerbread freedivers in the constant weight no-fins category) and a recipe.

Gingerbread CWNF Freedivers
A.
1/2 c margarine
1/4 c white sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
B.
1 egg yolk
1/2 c molasses
C.
2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon (I use a heaping tsp)
1-2 tsp ginger (heaping if you like spicy)
1/2 to 1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice

Preheat oven to 350F. Cream A. Mix in B. Mix in C. Knead into a ball of dough - wrap in plastic and place in freezer until firm. Once firm, roll out into desired shapes (use wax paper and flour to avoid sticking and to minimize mess). Bake on lightly greased sheets until desired done-ness.

Attachments

• Gingerbread.JPG
    71 KB · Views: 231
Those are just brilliant Jeannette! Even tastier without their kit on rofl rofl

That’s a great plate of cookies and if your sending then I’m eating.
Maybe it’s best if I nip down the local bakers while I wait for yours to get here.
And a very merry Christmas to you.
Paul

Reactions: maytag
Cute! Pity I can't bake for the classroom. Too many attorneys and insurance wienies in our neck of the woods. Guess I'll just have to make up a batch and eat them all myself. Awwwwww . . .

Reactions: maytag
Thanks ror your posts, guys.

Island_Sands, rofl you are hilarious. Re: avatar, I thought it was an artistic glamour photo of you - could be on the cover of Vogue. Very cool!

Podge, I'd be happy to send

OldSarge - your post makes me miss the good ole' days. Mimeograph machines with the runny purple "ink"... kids are lucky to have cool teachers like you and Jon.

Take good care and cheers to all.

Pastor said:
Stay away from those cookies Podge! Think of your waistline now

Hi mate, I’ve lost over 3 stone in weight over the last 4 months in preparation for the Christmas feast.
So its not the cookies that need to worry it’s the beef cattle that live at the bottom of my garden. Just another 3 pounds to go and I’m going to be chasing them around the field with my knife and fork in hand….

Reactions: island_sands
island_sands said:
Even tastier without their kit on rofl rofl
Wish I was your gingerbread freediver :t

Maytag: you're simply delicate.
Podge: un uomo senza pancia è come un cielo senza stelle (italian proverb: a man with no belly is like a sky with no stars)

Reactions: podge
spaghetti said:
Wish I was your gingerbread freediver :t

Maytag: you're simply delicate.
Podge: un uomo senza pancia è come un cielo senza stelle (italian proverb: a man with no belly is like a sky with no stars)

How goes it Mr Spaghetti, if that’s true then my sky is on fire baby.rofl
How’s your good lady wife? Is she on the mend?

Reactions: spaghetti
Satellite TV is down kids have gone to bed and my Mrs’s is at work. So I’m sat here with a bottle of wine and with no television thought I’d see what was happening.
That beef looks great especially the burger it seems like forever since I had a sweet, sweet burger.

podge said:
How goes it Mr Spaghetti, if that’s true then my sky is on fire baby.rofl
How’s your good lady wife? Is she on the mend?
Getting better, thanks. Just a severe whiplash, doctors made sure. By the way, I appreciated a lot all the care, support and warmth received by forum members in the rainy days. I will not forget. God bless you.

PS-Jeannette, darling, how come those ginger freedivers have no genitals? :t

Glad she’s on the mend and happy Christmas to you both.

spaghetti said:
Getting better, thanks. Just a severe whiplash, doctors made sure.

PS-Jeannette, darling, how come those ginger freedivers have no genitals? :t

Ah, Maestro Spaghetti -

Trust the great compatriot of Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Bellini, Fornasetti, Botticelli to notice that detail -- Answer 1: They are pg-13 family-friendly freedivers wearing yamamoto in new fashionable brown color... Answer 2: I thought some things would be best left to the imagination...

Glad your wife is getting better! Here's to her health!

spaghetti said:
un uomo senza pancia è come un cielo senza stelle

Everything sounds better in Italian!
(What does "ti ha piaciato" mean, and why does your avatar look so sad?)

island_sands said:
Maybe you should ask me that

rofl rofl rofl :rcard
I knew, but didn't dare! (very good one sands: your humour is so...entertaining)

Maytag: My Avatar? And Yours....?!
My Avatar is Gastone, a classic comedy character. "Ti ha piaciato"="Hope you enjoyed it".
I'll change avatar some of these days. What about this one?

Last edited:
spaghetti said:
rofl rofl rofl :rcard
I knew, but didn't dare! (very good one sands: your humour is so...entertaining)

Maytag: My Avatar? And Yours....?!
My Avatar is Gastone, a classic comedy character. "Ti ha piaciato"="Hope you enjoyed it".
I like your current avatar. The avatar thing is interesting - they've become so much a part of my impression of people here... if there were a DB get together in real life, I half expect to see you in a top hat! You are a classic.
And, Island_Sands... Island_Sands and her sidekick, BatRay, will save the world! Or rule it. Along with Podge, the Minister of Defense. (Edit 11 Jan 07): Hope this wasn't taken the wrong way - I have the highest regard for these folks, as well as others here on DB... some time ago someone remarked how harmonious this forum is... totally agree. Sorry if misinterpreted - Maytag must open mouth and insert foot now!)

Last edited:
maytag said:
And, Island_Sands... Island_Sands and her sidekick, BatRay, will save the world! Or rule it. Along with Podge, the Minister of Defense.

Or I could rule the world and the sexy Batray and beautiful Sands could feed me grapes while I rest on my throne. hehehehehe

Reactions: Pastor
Comments like that will make you Minister of Offense! :martial

:rofl

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…