• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

cooking in alu foil

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Karletto

Jun 1, 2008
i eat fish probably more frequently than beef/ pork meat; a tip i read from cooking books long time ago that i use most of the times

a) clean the fish;
b) in the belly put some salt, pieces of tomatoes, parsley, rosmarin, garlic;
c) prepare alu foil so big that u can wrap the whole fish in it + some things ull read ahead;
d) pour some olive oil on the foil; spread it around the foil with the fish;
e) put some more salt on the fish skin (both sides)
-> the fish is prepared and laying on the foil (cut the tail if u want)
f) pour white wine on the fish; drink white wine; btw: beer is not advisable not even on grill not even for beef/ pork meat for that matter!
g) put pieces of pattatoes, some more tomatoes, rosmarin around the fish
h) wrap the whole thing nice and tight
-> i cook it in the microwave* for 15, 20 min with normal heating option thing; at the end also check for pattatoes if thayr cooked to eat
bone apetit

i) of course with fish a white wine is a must -> dry or semi-sweet (!); the glasses for white wine are more closed than the glasses for red wine (so closed that u cant put your nose in it) couse when u shake the red wine fragrances became more smellable

*the grill is the best

Last edited:
Nice, one disagreement though:t, beer has been used in cooking far longer than we care to think, and certainly with beef and pork (main ingredient in our boerewors sausage). In South Africa it is common place to have one beer for drinking and one beer for spraying all the meat with, subsequently flavouring and keeping any flare-ups under control.
If you really want to try something different, (you'll live), give this beercan recipe a go...
Scrumptious Blog: Beer-can chicken on a braai

cheersrofl

Last edited:
Reactions: foxfish
-> i cook it in the microwave* for 15, 20 min with normal heating option thing;

*the grill is the best
I just want to point out in case anyone doesn't know-If you use microwave heat on tinfoil it'll explode !!:blackeye

Reactions: Mr. X
i confirm :blackeye lol
it makes strange sounds like bzbz (sparks) + buuuuum :blackeye but it will not ruin your microwave the microwave is not mine so i can play a bit with it hihi

instead of 15, 20min make it 10, 15 min :blackeye anyway check the pattatoes and fish if thayr cooked to eat

Last edited:
Its a bit off topic, but still. I have to agree with the beer usage, the beer is essential with the barbecueing of pretty much anything. If you havent used beer on roasting pork on open flame/grill u dont know what good barbey is!!!:king

Try it, believe me, youll like uit for sure.:fridayJust pour some of that beer you r drinking over the meat and the fire for that matter when its half done....it keeps the moisture and the flavour inside!

:naughty First and foremost DO NOT microwave foil. 1) You can start a fire very easily and/or short the micro oven out. 2) It can damage the oven's radiation protection & fling nasty little charged particles about. Go right ahead if you WANT to grow gills but it may effect other areas like....:rcard

Use conventional oven for about the same amount of time (20 minutes) at 450' Fahrenheit. Also a bed of onion slices on the bottom works nicely in oven or on the grill (my favorite). Chef Al:friday

I'm a fan of foil cooking, oil foil, chuckk in some garlic, white wine, fennel fronds, white fish, prawns, shallots, wrap up but not too tight, allow steam to escape, for a 2lb fish allow 20-25 mins 220c all good

but on another subject, you ever sen a cd in a microwave.............not recommended

We dont have an oven in my house but we have one of those conventional oven/mocrowave combo. It works great and you can cook with foil on the conventional oven mode. Takes a little longer than a regular oven but works all the same.

Also all foil cooking can be transfered straght on to a bbq now the weather is looking better

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT