• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cool Video

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

glowworm

Supporter
Supporter
May 4, 2005
Check out this video of Stephane Mifsud spearfishing @ 36m.

So calm and cool

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGTk-zsyb1Y]YouTube - stephane mifsud spearfishing 36 m 120 feet[/ame]

Maybe we could have a thread where we all post links to our favourite Spearo Videos?

seen this one before, brilliant vid and diver. watched a few of his videos the man got gills i tells you!

Just recently I've been trawling through Youtube looking at the spearing vids (sad git, get a life -yeh I know).

Our own DB-ers like Big Scott's have got some good one but Sunfishes nudge on a bass vid is classic. I posted a link on the Irish thread recently as I was so impressed - again. http://forums.deeperblue.com/uk-ireland/85259-ireland-spearing-2010-a-4.html#post799071 .

Some of the other bass vid's in UK waters are good fun too with DB members again featuring. I also like the Norway spearing vid's. I do watch the warm water stuff but somehow I don't quite relate to it in the way I do to stuff I recognise and know.

Dave.

The problem I have with spearfishing videos is there are many which turn my stomach and tempt me to give up the sport. Personally, the ones which have macho narratives of man versus nature accompanied by rock scores and struggling fish, are a real turn off. Equally there are, like OMD says, vids which I can relate to and are really inspirational. Just my £0.02's worth

Reactions: Don Paul

so basically you are saying you don't like seeing fish die in spearfishing videos?

I can understand on some of the vids...don't like the mesh of the music with the action so I just turn off the sound.

Last edited:
so basically you are saying you don't like seeing fish die in spearfishing videos?

EWWWWWW!!! not blood!
she/he wont like our videos huh ben? LOL ,(especially the last one)
actually we already have spearfishing videos without blood or struggling, they are called freediving videos. i think we just saw one.
actually i have a different opinion. i'm sick of seeing spearfishing videos WITHOUT much fish struggling or getting shot. kindof like that one, i mean the guy is a great freediver, but it was more like a static apnea session with cool scenery. he's showing off, very nice. but it was called a spearfishing video, and he didnt spear any fish? shouldnt they try again, and when he actually shoots a fish, THEN show me the video. is the med. THAT fished out, that the spearos can dive 120ft and not even see a fish. thats ridiculous! i didnt see a single fish of any kind on that video. not even bait! where are the fish? he should move to key west, with freediving skills like that, you could make a good living commercial spearing. we DO have fish here! lots of them. i was jealous of his skills , but in a fishless place like that, it doesnt do much good. is it like when blind guys can hear really well? you know, he HAS to dive that deep, just to see a baitfish, so he has adapted and become awesome.? could be. we have so much fish here, you can dive down 10 ft and bring home fish. if you could do 120ft you could shoot trophies daily

Last edited:
Reactions: scottmcblue
I like the bluewater video's the fish they hunt are bigger and much stronger than anything we have over here in the UK. theres also a much higher risk of getting munched by something else but I do prefer watching the uk video's because I can relate to the style of hunting as well as the fish and conditions.

As for the bloody thirstyness in some videos well I hate to say it but I love it after all you not out there patting them on the head roflrofl but of course everyones allowed there own opinion

Glowworm I think a video thread is a great idea!!! Maybe even have an end of year poll to vote for the best video

Maybe we could have a thread where we all post links to our favourite Spearo Videos?

Great idea m8

Here is 1 of mine and its a part of 3 series!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYPJ9ilwBtE]YouTube - Spearfishing at Lofots, Norway Part 2[/ame]

Enjoy!!!!

Any video from GreekDiver.
This one put me on the True Path of Fart (just listen to that intro):

Lofoten... I live by the SW coastline which has some pretty nice spots, but Lofoten is on a level of it's own:

Kristiansund is another (or maybe The) great spearo place in Norway, Needgils posted a nice writeup from his trip there which is a good read for you foreigners looking to travel there:
Home

When it comes to setting a nice mood for going on a spearing trip with friends i really like this one. Look at the cameraman signaling the shooter for a nice catch at 0:51
I got this song playing in my head every time i am heading out to the water now

For freediving in paradise, look at shirosauro & blessums teamwork videos:

Last edited by a moderator:
Norway is wonderful. Never made it to middle norway to dive, it is so comfortable to visit the parents in the south (Mandal) and stay there ( feels like being young again, breakfast is made, the boat is ready, as soon you come home the dinner is ready )

Found this video on youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVzwS9-vhzU]YouTube - Spearfishing in Norway May 2010[/ame]

Hint: Download the HD version (link is in the commetns of youtube) and enjoy th vid on a large flat tv.

Tobi

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…