• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall, Devon! please!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Pekka

neoprene dreamer
Aug 22, 2001
Ihve been trying to find people from mu Uni that would be interested in freediveing, but got only aswers like "wow that is cool...or grazy I don't want to go that deep" And so here I am not diveing currently and It pisses me off. So if you are not going to dive with me, tell me if you know a site in the net where I can find a buddy who would go diveing somewhere in Devon, Cornwall area.
:confused:

Try Freediver UK

Your very close to Howard Jones and the Freediver UK crew.

Crispin (their webmaster) is on the forums - but you can check out their website at http://www.freediver.co.uk - they also have a UK Find a Buddy section.

Tell them we sent you over.

Hi Pekka
You emailed me a while ago, Im pretty sure I replied but if I didnt heres the reply now!
Im based in the midlands but dive your area... mainly because I dont fancy the look of our canal! Anyway if you ever want a buddy email me, ickledevil@talk21.com :p Im availiable nearly every weekend and eager to dive in even the worst weather!
Anyway give me a bit of notice if possible because short notice aint so good but I can usually cope with 3 days plus!
Hope to hear from you soon
Joe

Reactions: Pekka
Cheers for the mail Pekka, we'll get together soon,
Crispin are you going to be in the water anytime this winter, if so mind another one tagging along?
Drop me a line
ickledevil@talk21.com
and Ill give you my number etc.
Also how much is SETT these days and what weekends are free??
Cheers
Joe

Hi,

Sorry to be so vague, but check out the Freediver guestbook and the shop for course prices and dates - thats easier than me cutting and pasting it here too (though I might at some point), tag along mate - the more the merrier :)

Cheers
Checking it now....
Will you be diving in the Big brown at all this winter? Im still in need of some tuition/a buddy without the expense of SETT (which I might manage after Xmas, anyway let me know Im free almost anytime!
Cheers
Joe

I will be spearfishing a fair bit - never likely to be deeper than 15m cause I mostly hunt alone, but freediving would require a boat (which I dont have) and a fair bit of rope....But you're welcome to come spearing some time...

Thanks Crispin, I am studying in Exeter uni...
I guess I gotta get in to that spearfishing...I have never done that... is it hard? what else is required than speargun..

Hey Crispin,
Im all geared up and ready to go! Only started spearfishing this year and never got much done.... living in the midlands sucks! Anyway Im MORE than eager to do some over the winter. Let me know when where etc. Pekka, If you are interested too let me know I have to drive past you to get to Cornwall and am happy to give you a lift.
Anyway hope to hear from you both soon.
Joe :D

dude just tell me when...
I am ready to go underwater, for two reasons, I love it and I want to know how soon I gotta buy myself a new suit, right now or after christmas.....I only have a very thin suit, I like it though...no weights required..
So anytime you are going, specially weekends I am so with you guys.:p

Spearfishing over the winter?? That sounds like a bit of craziness I could be persuaded to partake in!! I'm studying in Manchester at the moment but do my fishing in Jersey. I'd be well keen to join some 'pros' just to get back in the water if nothing else. Drop us a line when your thinking of getting a trip together - well worth the drive down I should think.

Simon

Im up studying in nottingham at the moment so I know what you mean about the drive!
Mind you I wouldnt call myself a pro, I think Crispin takes that title, I still have L plates!
And what do you mean mad! how else am I meant to spend the winter!
Joe
P.s My family are coming to Jersey in the summer, could use some information on good beaches and spearfishing sites! ;)

Ickledevil,
If all goes weel, which invariable it won't, I'll be in Indonesia for the latter half of the summer, but if I'm around would be more than glad to come out spearing. If not I know a few guys who are sort of good :t who I'm sure will take out.

As for winter fishing is there anything out there worth catching?? - aside from a cold:confused:

Well put the word out or drop me a line whatever it takes!
As for stuff to catch I aint got a clue this will be my first winter... mind you the common cold must have somthing going for it......?

I know some guys in the channel islands have been known to fish for large winter mullet and mackeral. I usually start scallop diving around March before all the bubble blowers get their hands on them :) and the sea is then at its' coldest, so temp. shouldn't be a factor. The only problem I forsee is to get a long enough interval of settled weather to improve the vis. Unfortunately my 'courier' forget to bring my suit up this weekend, but if I can manage to obtain it somehow I'm still well up for giving it a try. Sadly I know absolutely Jack about English fishing in the summer let alone in the winter, so we'll need some expert advice - maybe Crispins our man???

Never been scallop diving.... yet another thing to pester some willing individuals to teach me!
Definately think Crispins our man

CRISPIN!!!!!!
YOU THERE?

diveing 24-25th?

Hello Fellas, How about little diveing next weekend? I hopefully have my equipment (coming from mainland Europe) I would be very interested to do some diveing/spearfishing...I don't have a speargun, but I could just freedive, try my new gear out?
How about it?
:) :) :) :) :confused:

Yes Boys I'm here - I'll consult the wise men as to Scallop diving, and i'll be right back to you.....

As for spearing - it's time to "go deep or go home" cause all the Bass have retreated now, and there are only small pollack inshore - may be a chance of a wreck dive in the next few weeks - if it happens i'll let ya know....

I'll be back with the verdict on the Scallops......

;)

Alright guys,
I am also having my suit sent over ASAP, but as always there seems to be some complications. But, if I can't make it this weekend will definitely be up for a wreck dive. Does anyone have any spare weights?? Don't really want to have them sent over - but at a push can buy some more. Now when you say deep how deep. In tropical waters my limit is about 20 metres, but over here I guess it will be a lot less - maybe best keeping to scallops - do we need a license??

Hope to see you all soon,

Simon

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT