• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cornwall Scallop Ban

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
It might not be quite as suspicious as it first seems. They apparently have to contact those who wrote to them (myself included) to ask permission to pass on their private correspondences, details, etc.. And we can refuse that request.

If the fisheries folk are recruited from fishing communities, as I would expect, then any priorities/preferences/bias may be deeply held. Their friends, families, community and colleagues would leave no paper trail.

FOI request relating to this issue on whatdotheyknow.com under Cornwall Sea Fisheries Committee

CORNWALL SEA FISHERIES DISTRICT
EDWIN J DERRIMAN
Chief Fishery Officer My Ref: CSFC/EIR/0004
Old Bonded Warehouse
Quay Street
Penzance Tel: (01736) 369817
Cornwall TR18 4BD Fax: (01736) 331020
Mr J Hartley, by email to J Hartley [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxx]
26 May 2009
Dear Mr Hartley
Re: Proposed MPA Consultation
Thank you for your email dated 20 May 2009, reproduced below:
Cornwall Sea Fisheries Committee is exploring byelaw options on how to extend a ban on scallop extraction to create an MPA for scallops in the Fal and Helford SAC. Given that the public consultation period has ended, please provide information on the number of objections to the proposed byelaw received by the committee.
We are dealing with your request under the Environmental Information Regulations Act 2004.
I can confirm that 32 objections were received, which includes 1 late response.
A report on the public consultation is expected to be discussed at the next Cornwall Sea Fisheries Committee on Friday 26th June 2009. Redacted copies of all responses will be publicly available on Thursday 18th June 2009. Should you require access to these, please contact Democratic Services on 0300 1234 100.
As we have fully answered your request for information, please be aware that this request will be closed and archived.
Yours sincerely
Edwin J Derriman
Chief Fishery Officer

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…