• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Corona discussion.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Stuck at home, getting some long overdue paperwork and chores finished. My boat is in the shop, so no loss to be stuck, but I've come down with the dreaded disease(I think). Makes it easy to sit and do almost nothing for the next couple of weeks. After that, don't want to think about it. So far, the Governor has resisted locking down Florida, but that could change any day. Lots of cases here.

Hay que tener paciencia en España llevamos ya dos semanas encerrados en cuarentena, a las 20 horas cada noche salimos todos a los balcones o ventanas a aplaudir a los Sanitarios, policía, ejercito, trabajadores de supermercados, servicios de limpieza, seguridad etc.. trabajos esenciales
que están dando todo su esfuerzo a riesgo de contraer el COVID 19.

Mi mujer trabaja de cajera en supermercados Eroski SYP va cada día a trabajar, Yo trabajo de noche vigilante de seguridad
no nos importa dar todo lo que tenemos por los demás.

Nuestra salida de todos es una vacuna, aunque se terminen los contagios el virus seguirá vivo.

Solo os pido paciencia y cumplir la cuarentena.

<9))))))><

You have to be patient in Spain we have been locked in quarantine for two weeks, at 8:00 p.m. every night we all go out to the balconies or windows to applaud the Sanitariums, police, army, supermarket workers, cleaning services, security, etc. work essential
who are giving all their efforts at the risk of contracting COVID 19.

My wife works as a cashier in supermarkets Eroski SYP goes to work every day, I work at night as a security guard
we don't mind giving everything we have for others.

Our departure from all is a vaccine, although the contagions are finished the virus will continue alive.

I only ask for your patience and comply with the quarantine.

I will have to re-read this thread to see where the chicken got in. But to reply to your post, the fact that we need laws to protect animals from abuse says enough about what is wrong with the current state of humanity.

OK so how is everyone doing? This year has sucked big time but is everyone safe and anyone had a chance to do any actual diving?

Reactions: 7BDiver
Yes, I was able to do quite a bit of diving this year! Fortunately I live in a fairly rural northwest area of the states where there was minimal covid impact or restrictions. I was able to dive every weekend in Lake Pend Orville, Coeur d'Alene, Priest Lake, Roman Nose alpine lakes (all in NW Idaho), Lake Crescent in Washington and the Catalina dive park in California. Its been my best year ever even though my trip to Slovenia and Croatia was canceled. All that trip $ went to buying tons of new dive gear for local fun. Can't wait for my 6.5mm Polosub to get here so I can continue diving through the winter.

OK so how is everyone doing? This year has sucked big time but is everyone safe and anyone had a chance to do any actual diving?
IMG_20201128_165125.jpg

There's a temporary ban on fishing and hunting here during the lockdowns, but environmental disasters don't care about lockdowns and don't fix themselves, so I keep going to keep my area from being overrun by lionfish. For the other species I respect the ban.

* It also made for a very nice fish curry! :)

It is a virus that politicians saw opportunities and some saw harm to their ability to maintain office. You can make your decision which position saw opportunity and which politician was threaten.

It is a virus that politicians saw opportunities and some saw harm to their ability to maintain office. You can make your decision which position saw opportunity and which politician was threaten.
It is both political and deadly. Both statements can be true. Was it politicized? Yes. Has it killed many and continues to do so? Yes

Got some diving done. Bahamas was closed until the last moment and then required a covid test result that was impossible to get in the necessary time frame. Oh well, we went to the Tortugas instead. Interesting diving. Not real deep, max 50 ft, but my lungs were still affected by a bout with covid(three months before) and that was more than enough depth for me. The whole area is a no take zone, so lots of big preditors, fun to see. Still, given its been closed to all harvest for 20 + years, grouper were smaller and less numerous than I would have expected. We did find a couple of spots with swarms smallish grouper. My son had never experienced this, although he had heard plenty of my stories of how it was, "back in the day" Nice for him to actually see it. Best staghorn coral I've seen in at least 30 years.

Otherwise, its been spring diving a little and occasional dives at Boca Grande to get a fish for dinner.

All things considered, a pretty good year.

Oh yeah, any damn fool that thinks covid is a hoax or a political hype has been watching too much social media propaganda. I had a mild case and my heart and lungs were screwed up for months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leander
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT