• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Correct band length

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

tmyers73

Oct 10, 2002
I have a 130cm Beuchat Mudial Pro and the original 20mm bands seemed a little short when I got it and I diidn't think much of it until I tried to load it. It was preposterously difficult. After alomsot a half hour of supreme effort I got it loaded to the first notch and about 20 seconds later it broke at the junction between the band scew and the wishbone. I went back and the store only had 16mm bands that were quite a bit longer (about 40cm). These bands are pretty easy to load but seems really weak. Can anyone help me out with the correct bad length. I definately want to go back to 20mm. Thanks

Hi 73,

Typical band strecth I know is at 270%-300%. Measure the notch of the shaft to the muzzle where the band is to be inserted, divide by 3. The length of the wishbone alone adds to the equation. 20mm band is never easy to load...

Have fun,
IYA

Didn't think Beuchat made a 130? Hmmm....

Did you try the Beucat website? you can at least get the stock band length there...

Willer

I agree with Willer. I did not think Beuchat comes with 130 cm (?older model). On my 115 Beuchat Mundial I actually had to go down a size (I forget the exact length but I think I went from 32 to 30cm). It is still pretty easy to load and not as hard as my RA 120.

Angelos

http://www.beuchatdiving.com/spear/guns3.htm

If you look at that site, you'll see the gun barrel lengths & the corresponding band lengths(20mm stock bands):

50cm gun ---- 5.1 inch bands
60cm gun ---- 6.25 inch bands
75cm gun ---- 7 inch bands
90cm gun ---- 8.5 inch bands
100cm gun ---- 9.75 inch bands
115cm gun ---- 11 inch bands

As previously noted, I've also never seen a 130cm gun... are you measuring the entire length or the barrel length(established euro-gun convention)? I believe a 115 is about 130cm in total length... so please verify that.

If it is indeed a 130, the band length should be somewhere around 12.25 inches long.

Hope this helps!

:)

ho cuz, forgot one more thing - use 2.54 as conversion # for switch between the two...

inches x 2.54 = centimeters

&

centimeters / 2.54 = inches

Most of you probably know that, but just as a helpful reminder :hmm

Thanks for the help. I was in fact measuring the length of the entire gun. Thanks for setting me straight. This will definately help.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT