• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Comanche 60

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Skorvkalle

Sep 9, 2014
Hi everyone

I got a comanche 60. Great length for the veggie fishing we do here. But.. I need more punch in it. It comes with the 16 mm bands and the razor sharp wishbone (scary). Is the S45 rubbers the way to solve this or should I aim for 20 mm. I believe they will be a pain to load. I dont really struggle with the 16mm anymore after learning the loading technique. But I do have to put some muscles in it, perhaps the 20 mm will be too much of a challenge?

Any advice would be highly appreciated

S45 means 18 mil band. For a shaft (6.0mm or 6,5mm) that is around 100cm, must be enough. If stretched proper.
I use 95cm gun whit 135cm 6,5mm shaft and single 17,5mm circular band. Stretched as much as I can pull to the last notch (don't no the ratio, just cutting from the band 1 cm at the time till found my pulling/stretching limit).
Keep us tuned.

Thanks Marius. Im gonna order the S45 bands then, can't be any worse and if I end up with too low power with those im gonna get Cayman roller gun.

I've read some good reviews about Cayman roller.
Sill, I'm using Cayman HF and i'ts decent gun except the fact that I do not like the positioning of the loading "but" (the piece that you put on the sternum in order to load the gun). Somehow it's a little beat high and interfering with the aiming line. Therefore, if aiming by instinct (and spearfishing/hunting is about instincts and not mathematical or mental corrections), I tend to shoot higher then intended. And I've seen that Cayman roller has the same handle.
But it's just my experience and I may be wrong. Search for more info.

Okay, thanks for your input. I will begin with the thicker bands and see where I end up. Unfortunately it seems that i have to change the catch line as well. The wishbone is razor sharp and eats on it a little if not careful when loading. Its hard to see sometimes in water when reloading and then it gets scratched more and more.

I just found some good extra info about how to configurate your slings according to the lenght and diameter of the shaft.
It is a page into the Salvimar products cataloque.
Go here : http://www.salvimar.com/catalogo.aspx
Look for page 79, there you will find requested infos.

Seems like the guns were using was pretty capable with the original bands. We got the S45 bands now and hope for a bit more power anyway!

Attachments

• IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 201
I have a Cressi Apache 60cm which comes with only a 13mm circular band and a finger destroying, simple wire wishbone. I swapped to 18mm rubber and a dynema wishbone. Much better all around, just remember that the 18mm bands will be noticeably harder to pull back so look at the charts, add 5cm's or so before cutting and then play around a bit for the final length and remember that only the rubber that is stretched powers the gun, the rubber after the constrictor knot will not:D Home made band or bands are the way to go when personalising rubber diameter or stretch;)

Reactions: Skorvkalle
Nice but my bands are the same length as the original ones. Only thicker. Now there is some muscle needed to pull it all the way to second notch. Can't tell how it performs yet since we had some bad luck the last trips but I'm sure it will be fine. Great gun for a fair price including the upgrade. Would love to have dynema instead for the razor sharp metal wishbone though.

I have a Cressi Apache 60cm which comes with only a 13mm circular band and a finger destroying, simple wire wishbone. I swapped to 18mm rubber and a dynema wishbone. Much better all around, just remember that the 18mm bands will be noticeably harder to pull back so look at the charts, add 5cm's or so before cutting and then play around a bit for the final length and remember that only the rubber that is stretched powers the gun, the rubber after the constrictor knot will not:D Home made band or bands are the way to go when personalising rubber diameter or stretch;)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT