• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Comanche

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

skycaptain

Apr 30, 2007
Hi,
Some time ago I purchased a Cressi Comanche from ebay. Since then I have been using guns on which the line attached to a ring on the road. You donot get that on a comanche, all you have is a tiny hole at the end of the road. I am quite confused as to how to attached the line to the rod. Is any one out there who could post some photos showing how it is done or any one who could offer comprensive instructions.
Looking forward to hear from any one who could oblige.

Comanche was my first gun! I simply passed the line through the tube and tied a big knot in it to stop it pulling back out. Job done.

I think you're meant to pass it through the tube and secure it near the handle though, allowing a bungee in between.

HTH.

you have to use crimps to attach the line, that is if you are using monofilament...if you are using a regular 2mm nylon line, you could just try tying a knot like a bowline knot

Thanks guys for your suggestions and special thanks to Marginatus and Miles of course. Can't wait for my holiday now.

I have a comanche 90 and rig it with nylon threaded through the hole in the spear then crimped leaving a loop of about 1.5cm as any shorter and it fouls the socket and jams. this happened when i saw my biggest bass ever Honest!
anyway the line goes though the spear guide hole at the business end loops back to the release catch by the trigger guard then up to a the front to tieoff or crimp. I now have a small length of bungie to keep it all niclt tensioned and also to stop the snatching if I miss.
If you like I'll send you a photo

Hopefully these photos are self explanatory. the mono has snapped once hence the white nylon braid between the gun and the bungee, act a bit like a muppet in the current if i wave it about a bit. i found the critical thing was to allow a big enough loop or it will jam on you

no didnt work so ill email them separately

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…