• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Competition 5mm suit - what size?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Lodberg

Oct 30, 2004
Hi there

What a great forum this is - I'm glad I've found it!

Me and one of my friends are just about to buy a Cressi Competition 5mm suit each but we're not sure which size to get.
Unfortunatly we do not have the opportunity to go into a store a tryout sizes - so we're hopping you guys could help.

My friend i 182cm and 76kg.
I'm 179cm and 70kg.

What size can you recommend for us?

Best regards
Lodberg

Recommendation: get a custom made elios suit. Then the size will be perfect. Actually, a basic elios will cost you about the same or just a bit more than the Cressi and it will be a better suit. I am not affiliated with them, just own and love their products.

www.eliossub.com

Thx for the input so far and hejsa to andrzej ;)

I mesured my cheast being 91cm, my waist 80cm and my hips 90cm.
So I guess that fits the size 3 suit. But the size 3 suit fits a 171/176cm person and I'm 179-180cm - do you think thats a problem for me or is the suit streachable?

Best regards
Lodberg

Hi again,
I had same problem. I chose size 5, but my height was corresponding size 6. Unfortunately in Poland there is problem to buy any freediving suits - you can order suit of course, but shops doesn't have freediving suits on the shelves. So it's unable to check if suit fits well.
I asked simple question as you - on deeperblue.net forum. Here is link to that thread:
http://forums.deeperblue.net/showthread.php?threadid=53724
There were only 2 replies. After reading it all I was little confused and didn't know what to do. I emailed few shops in Poland. Only one shop confirmed that was able to accomplish my order. I asked them about sizes - they told me to take size 5. I mailed one shop in Sweden and Germany as well. They either told me to take suit number 5.
Finally I ordered 5 at local Internet store. My order is in progress and it's supposed to be finalized in 7-9 days.
So if you can wait one week more - I will share my experience with sizes.
Have a nice day!
andrzej

Thx again for replying andrzej

I'm looking forward to hear from you when you get your suit - I hope it fits perfectly. After reading your thread and comments other places it sounds like that you've made the right choice selecting size 5

/Lodberg

Last edited:
Hi Lodberg,

I used the Cressi size chart, and have been very happy with my suit. I'm a bit smaller, 168cm and 68kilos, so I ordered a size 3 which I love.

Take care!
Aaron

Hi flyboy748

Thx for the input, but I must admit that your reply makes me a bit more uncertain which size to choose. It looks more and more as if I should choose a size 4, but I'm still worried that it'll be to big.

Something tells me, that height is not so importent as long you're not to far away from what the size-chart says.
Isn't it more important that the suit is not hanging loose on your body - the body weight is a measure for that or what?

Flyboy784, do you mind measure your chest, waist and hips and post the result here? It would be great!

/Lodberg

Hejsa Lodberg,
I remember about your question. I'm waiting for my suit. I will answer as soon as possible.
best regards, andrzej

Lodburg,
Sorry I didn't check for a few days! Here are my mesurements...
95cm chest
84cm waist
93cm hips

My (size 3) suit fits perfectly, however I know it would fit if I was a bit bigger or smaller too.

Safe Dives! :)
Aaron

Last edited:
Hi flyboy748

Thank you for taking the time to do the mesurements!
We've got the same mesurements except for height. I'm 178cm - thats 10cm higher then you are - do you think a 178cm person could fit in your suit?

Stay warm!
/Lodberg

Lodburg,

I *think* with your height you'd still fit into a size 3 suit. As you can see I'm a few cm shorter than the chart says for this suit. It's a bit long around the wrists and ankles on me, (not enough to be a problem though) so I think you'll be ok.

Let us know how it turns out!
Aaron

Hejsa all!! :wave
I finally got time to post answer here. I hope it will helpful for beginners who wants to buy cressi competition. I had problems witch choosing correct size of suit. My dimensions:

height: 189 [cm] / ~6'3"
chest:107 [cm] / ~42.5"
waist: 96 [cm] / ~37.8"
hips: 108 [cm] / ~42.5"
weight: 97 kq] / ~214 lbs

I was advised to buy suit number V. It's designed for person who is 186 cm tall (max). Suit is a little bis short (ankles). When I wear neoprene socks - there is no problem with that. Suit fits perfect. As many people said - it's very stretchy.
Here is cressi sub size chart:
http://www.scubastore.com/eng/size/size_chart2.asp#15

I hope my experience will help other.

safe dives!!!!
andrzej

Finally I got my suit and it fits perfect :p

I ordered a size 4 suit here's my measurements:
height: 179cm
weight: 70kg
cheast 91cm
waist 80cm
hips 90cm

I hope it can help others in choosing the correct size.

:wave Lodberg

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT