• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Drake -- New Freediving Watch

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Miki Jeshurun

Jan 29, 2014
Cressi Drake -- New Freediving Watch

Unfortunately, full specifications of this watch aren't available yet, but I think it'll be interesting for those looking to buy a new dive computer (expected release: June 2014):

http://www.cressi-sub.it/Catalogue/Details.asp?id=941

Post if you have any more info...

ffhk.png

Reactions: Kars
Looks like a promising product, with more freediving specific new features.
How will it compare to D4i, D3, F11, F10v3?

E 400,- is steep for me, but will it have pc interface included, will it be durable?

The design looks ok to me, though I hope it's light weight, and has a user replaceable battery.

I would also be interested in any comments or reviews on the Drake since it is impossible to find anything on the web about it.
Cheers

Hi all,
I've received my Cressi Drake yesterday and went through the whole manual several times.

Couldn't find an answer how to get to all the screens of the FREE and PRO programs, when on surface. It's written in the manual, that by pressing the UP and DOWN buttons (when in FREE or PRO) we move to screens that show - temperature or number of diving or RRT(recomended recovery time) and etc. But pressing these buttons leads me to menus such as - SYSTEM, MENU-S, HISTORY, ALARMS.
In fact, further in the manual the same action (pressing UP or DOWN) is used to explain how to get to these menus (SYSTEM, MENU-S, HISTORY, ALARMS).
I will be very grateful if someone, who has this watch, helps me clear this issue.

P.S. still leave 2% possibility for any kind of my fault :)

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 273
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 261
I will answer myself. And these 2% are now 100% J, due to my impatience.

Went diving these days. Cressi Drake shows all the screens I was worried about in my previous post. Nothing wrong there. But some of these screens appear only when in water (during dive session) and others - after at least one dive. (this had to be explained clearer in the manual for not very smart people like me)

In fact this watch shows plenty of very useful information. The most useful for me is the TIME RATIO (ratio between time of last dive and your surface time). That helps a lot and assures a much safer next dive, if you wait for a ratio of at least 2. Till now I used to dive again when I feel good. With the watch now I see that this way I keep a negative ratio….

In PRO program you can check a lot of other parameters of the dive – such as: water temperature, number of dives, ascend and descend speed, and ratio between them, recommended recovery time (user programmable), average data of the dive and others, which I don’t need and – hence – not remember.

In the History (LOG) menu there is average data of the whole dive session – all dive time, surface time, avg depth, avg duration of a dive, dives per hour and others, avg time ratio and others. Watch keeps your longest dive time and deepest dive till now.

May be one CON is that if you want to review your dives one by one (which I don’t really think is much of an everyday need), you have to use a USB interface for PC, which is sold separately. In fact the summarized info for the whole session brings me much more useful info.

This is what I can say from my short experience with the watch.

In fact what helped me make my choice before the purchase is the fact that I had found and read the manuals of all diving computers I thought would be of an interest for me. Manuals show much more than adverts.

I will answer myself. And these 2% are now 100% J, due to my impatience.

Went diving these days. Cressi Drake shows all the screens I was worried about in my previous post. Nothing wrong there. But some of these screens appear only when in water (during dive session) and others - after at least one dive. (this had to be explained clearer in the manual for not very smart people like me)

In fact this watch shows plenty of very useful information. The most useful for me is the TIME RATIO (ratio between time of last dive and your surface time). That helps a lot and assures a much safer next dive, if you wait for a ratio of at least 2. Till now I used to dive again when I feel good. With the watch now I see that this way I keep a negative ratio….

In PRO program you can check a lot of other parameters of the dive – such as: water temperature, number of dives, ascend and descend speed, and ratio between them, recommended recovery time (user programmable), average data of the dive and others, which I don’t need and – hence – not remember.

In the History (LOG) menu there is average data of the whole dive session – all dive time, surface time, avg depth, avg duration of a dive, dives per hour and others, avg time ratio and others. Watch keeps your longest dive time and deepest dive till now.

May be one CON is that if you want to review your dives one by one (which I don’t really think is much of an everyday need), you have to use a USB interface for PC, which is sold separately. In fact the summarized info for the whole session brings me much more useful info.

This is what I can say from my short experience with the watch.

In fact what helped me make my choice before the purchase is the fact that I had found and read the manuals of all diving computers I thought would be of an interest for me. Manuals show much more than adverts.

How is working in Dynamic mode? is able to count each pool?
if you have more details, thanks!

The time ratio thing is cool, I only have a fixed surface time setting on my F10v2; which is a bit dumb IMO.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

How is working in Dynamic mode? is able to count each pool?
if you have more details, thanks!

I guess you wonder whether it counts each lap during a session?
Yes it does
023c30425271f6b3a2d20004e6e7f972.jpg

On the bottom left you see 22 laps during the session of last Friday.
For each session there is a log that shows all the information on four screens.
56715301d584dc1b99040228378d4cee.jpg

It is all there for further analysis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: riccardosl
Hi,small question, how is the length of the strap? My previous, now broken Sp1 had a very short strap,making it difficult to wear when using anything thicker than a 5mm suit.

It wear it over my suit. Plenty of length left. Can't imagine it would be too short even when you have thick wrists. I guess I should post my full review.

Hi,small question, how is the length of the strap? My previous, now broken Sp1 had a very short strap,making it difficult to wear when using anything thicker than a 5mm suit.

Unless your wrist is larger then the diameter of this jar I would not worry about it.
8c2eaf020f643993d9097f19896dc053.jpg
fd5d67839b4daf64c96715052771a7ee.jpg

I'm on the market for a watch. After going through the options I'm between Cressi Drake (270~ Euro) and Suunto D4F (~280). Also suunto has the added cost of battery replacements unless the internet replacement kits are okay?? Does anyone use them himself? Also as I understand it the Drake has some extra features, are these features something I will miss in my diving if I choose the Suunto?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT