• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Garas or Omer Tunas?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

gijoe1977

Feb 26, 2002
i've been scuba diving for a couple years now and i want to get into freediving. i'm looking at fins on the web and trying to decide between cressi garas and omer tunas (biller fins are also a possibility). anyone have any advice or suggestions?

-joe

Hi Joe, I own a pair of Cressi's and my wife has a pair of OMER Ice fins. They are both extremely comfortable, but I would recommend that you look at the OMER fins. The main reason is that the blades are interchangeable on the OMER fins, whereas the Cressi blades are bonded to the foot pockets permanently. Once you've had some time in your new fins, you might find that the Cressi's are a little soft....but that depends on your physiology and how much you get into freediving. The OMER Milleniums are comparable in price to the Cressi's, and you will get the option to upgrade into stiffer, more performance oriented blades in the future.
Or you could jump right into a pair of Sporasub Carbon Radicals, which are very powerful and also comfortable.
Good luck,
Erik Y.

OMER.

The ICE blades are pretty close to carbon in their flex return, and the WINTER blades are easy on your calves after a long day out in the water. Of course you could go with the Esclapez as I do or go w/ the Picasso BT fins....

Either way you're in for a treat.

sven

Hello Joe,

The Tuna fins are being redesigned to correct a cracking problem. Make sure you are getting the new improved model...

Also, Omer is making a _____ competition fin (all black) that my dive buddy loves...

I use picasso black team and the picaso carbon and love both for different reasons...

Aaron

i know this is a parallel stray thread that should've gotten closed, but since everyone's adding their HO's, i thought i'd share too.

aquiles and i have had several sets of garas for quite sometime. i was hooked up w/ a pair of the millenium comps and after my first trip w/ them, aquiles stole em. damn cuban! i abso-freakin-lutely love the omer footpockets even though they seem a bit bulky and stiff. the energy transfer seems much mo betta when handling the stiffer blades.

so, go omer if you're not a beginner.

andrsn

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT