• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Geronimo Elite problem

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Crater

Sep 7, 2015
Dear Apnea Ninjas,

I've got a Cressi Geronimo Elite 95cm that worked great for the first year I had it. But after that the shooting line would start to get hung up on the keeper or trigger release pin (that little pin that drops to release the line). I have tried lots of fixes (silicon spray, disassembling the trigger mechanism and cleaning it, new shooting line, keeping it as slack as possible, etc...) but it still happens frequently. I've lost quite a few fish and don't have confidence in the gun anymore. Anyone have a similar problem and/or know how to fix it?

Thank you,
Carter

Dear Apnea Ninjas,

I've got a Cressi Geronimo Elite 95cm that worked great for the first year I had it. But after that the shooting line would start to get hung up on the keeper or trigger release pin (that little pin that drops to release the line). I have tried lots of fixes (silicon spray, disassembling the trigger mechanism and cleaning it, new shooting line, keeping it as slack as possible, etc...) but it still happens frequently. I've lost quite a few fish and don't have confidence in the gun anymore. Anyone have a similar problem and/or know how to fix it?

Thank you,
Carter

Why does it hang up now and not in the beginning when you had the gun? Can you try to isolate the issue and figure out exactly what is going on? Have you tried rigging the shooting line differently?
Sounds annoying I hope you find the cause of the problem it shouldn’t be too hard to fix.
I don’t have that gun but would consider contacting Cressi or going to the store you bought it from.
Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does it hang up now and not in the beginning when you had the gun? Can you try to isolate the issue and figure out exactly what is going on? Have you tried rigging the shooting line differently?
Sounds annoying I hope you find the cause of the problem it shouldn’t be too hard to fix.
I don’t have that gun but would consider contacting Cressi or going to the store you bought it from.
Good luck.

I contacted Cressi several weeks ago but never got a response :(

I don't know why it hangs up now. Once it did it the first time, I think the shock load may have caused it to get worse and worse, perhaps be slightly bending the pin or scarring the plastic housing. I cannot find any damage but that's a theory. The issue is pretty isolated already: the pin doesn't drop. Not sure what else can be done. I tried rigging it by attaching the shooting line to the small clip right above the reel, but it's awkward. Would be best if the damn pin would just drop down normally.
20180321_184949.jpg

You know it’s the trigger so try to replace the failing parts of it.

You know it’s the trigger so try to replace the failing parts of it.

I may end up doing that, but I was hoping there might be an easier/quicker/cheaper solution. I live on an island with limited shopping opportunities, so everything needs to be imported and the mail is rather unreliable.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT