• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Geronimo or Commanche Pacific

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Nige Phillips

Mar 13, 2015
Hi All.

Just looking for advice and experience. I've seen both of these and was just wondering which is better in your opinion. I'm in the UK and will be using it for most UK species but mainly targeting the Bass.

Any advice on even a different gun maybe. Looking towards the 75 size.

Take care and safe diving.

Nige.

Hi Nige
I have the cressi Geronimo elite 85 cm open muzzle.
A really good gun ,not that expensive and you can put 2 circular bands on the gun. Lots of power even with one band (g20)
My old gun was an Comanche , also a good gun . The Comanche has one band and is faster to load than the Geronimo but after a while you will get the hang of it . I always hunt around the rocks , never a bent spear only a blunt point so now and then . I hope the info was helpfully for you . Greets Johan ( AMG)

Thanks a lot for the reply Johan. I went for the Geronimo 75 in the end and I love it. Never done Spearfishing before and I was hitting on the first trip. The only thing I have done was to buy the open muzzle for it so I can make my own circular bands and I also find it easier to load.

Regards, take care and safe diving.

Nige

your welcome , good choice of gun .
How is te fishing in the UK?
I only fish in Spain on holiday for one month , it is not possible here in Belgium. when a whale passes in front of you you wouldn't even see him so much sand. Would be like sitting in a washing machine and I even think it is illegal overhere .would be nice to fish some more closer to home.
Greets johan

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT