• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi Saetta

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Few pictures of a new gun:
Spearfishing Spearguns - Saetta
I suppose it should be better than the older cressi model, but there are no much details. Water escaping holes are much larger than on the previous model.
I saw a price on one site, it was about 250 Euro, while the older was less than 100 Euro: Planet Sub - apnea

The dual power "SL" and single power "Star" models have been in production for a very long time with colour scheme changes made every now and then to provide a fresh look, so something new is long overdue. I wonder how new it will be. The handle has a more exposed trigger with more open space behind it, but whether anything has really been changed we will no doubt find out eventually.

I note a slight tilt of the rear handle in the photos, could be the inner barrel tube is located even higher up in the gun than before, the muzzle seems to be located higher up as well. The more off-centre the inner barrel is located in a pneumatic gun there is a tendency for the rear handle to tilt as internal air pressure tries to tip the plastic bulkhead ends of the gun upwards. The nose cone being short you do not notice it so much, but it is usually more obvious at the rear handle. The Mares "Mirage" tends to banana at high internal pressure as its inner barrel secures the bulkheads, the pumping barrel below it is not a structural component, so the "Saetta" may be similarly affected. There is no problem with how the guns aim and shoot as your aiming line is taken along the upper edge of the tank and the inner barrel being parallel to the tank is not affected, only a slight variation occurs in the width top to bottom of the tank to bulkhead gaps as they open up slightly with higher air pressure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. X
This pdf format download from Cressi includes the user manual info for their spearguns, including the "Saetta" pneumatic speargun.

http://www.cressi.it/easyUp/file/instructions/CressiSpeargunsManual2014.pdf

There is an interesting variation shown in the diagrams on knotting and loop attaching the shooting line both at the muzzle and what appears to be a new type of line slide (or slider). Another diagram shows the right and wrong way to load the gun, like not properly aligning the spear in the muzzle, which hopefully will be news to no one here.

Cressi pumping tables.jpg
Note the difference in the pumping table strokes between the older "Star/SL" models and the later "Saetta" for models of the same length (extract from the user manual).

Pete, do you happen to have a parts diagram for the sl guns?
I'm looking for the bushing(or o-ring) on the inner barrel closest to the handle. I noticed my 70 sl is missing this part.

Hola pescasubs al tener mayor presión es lógica que la flecha saldrá con mayor fuerza,tengo un 55 y es un tremendo cañon imagina el 100

Yes, the "SL 55" is a handy gun and the "SL 100" is going to be even better, but that depends on what you want to hunt with it as in some circumstances a short gun is all that you need. I note that the "Saetta" has a 110 cm version, however I have never seen one as the distributors seem to want to sell off their stocks of Cressi-Sub "SL" and "Star" (without a power regulator) models first.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT