• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cressi-Sub Rondine Light Fins, any good?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

PunkerTFC

Jul 16, 2001
I'm looking to get a pair of freediving fins, only I am on a VERY limited budget, and I only have 30 or 40 to spend. I saw these fins, and I am wondering if they are any good. I found them for $35, with shipping it comes out to $40, which is right in my price range. Anyways, I just wanted to make sure that if I buy these, I'm getting my money's worth. All other fins that I have found are in the $100's. Way out of my price range.

Try DiveINN's website

I was just on their site - for just a few bucks more, you can get a pair of SPORASUB, H.DESSAULT Freediving fins for $43.00.

Not bad and they are a decent fin for that price.

Their site is: DiveINN - click on the link for fins and scroll down to the bottom of all the fins listed on the left.

Hope this helps. Using a snorkeling fin for freediving is a waste of one's money in my opinion.

LOL I just read your post on the Free Dive List, and was gonna reply to recommend DiveInn and their Sproasub H.Dessault fins, but Cliff beat me to it!!

I just checked the DiveInn site, and you're gonna need to add $18 for shipping the fins to the US. Seems like a lot, but it's because they're based in Spain, and that's why they have such amazing prices for European brands. Shipping is DHL and you should get them within 3 days.

I ordered some recently ($29 shipping to Hong Kong!!) and I love them. I was actually looking for regular fins that would be good for freediving (eg Mares Quattro Power fins) when I stumbled onto the DiveInn site and saw the 'real' free diving fins for the same price.

Size 11 US is about 44 European. My footpocket is the right length, but it is pretty wide at the heel, so I have to wear socks for a good fit. I think all the Sporasub/Mares freediving foot pockets are wide at the heel (they are made at the same factory).

I highly recommend getting proper freediving fins, even if you are just starting out. I can use mine for surface swimming as well as scuba diving (where I can thrash anyone in a race), and when it comes to freediving, they are a world apart from my old Mares Plana Avanti's.

hope that helps.

Terry

I have a pair of the cressi-sub fins which i use for diving around rocks to about twenty feet of water, but there not much good for diving deep. Like the others said, if you can afford the little bit extra for the freedive fins you'll be much better off.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT