• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Curious Mouthfill Issue

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Andrew702

Apr 7, 2016
So I have been having an issue with my mouthfill and mentioned this to another diver who says he also has the same issue sometimes. I was wondering if anyone might be able to explain what is going on. When I take a very full mouthfill at about 20m, I mean filled to the max, meaning I might double fill at 20m and need to use my fingers to maintain all the air in the mouth. I have noticed one eustachian tube doesn't want to open. However if I do a single fill and fill maybe 80% I can generate enough pressure to open that tube. It seems the extra movement I have with my cheeks and jaw enables that tube to open. With a bursting mouthfill it's quite difficult to move anything since my cheeks are completely inflated and my jaw fully opened. I find if I push on my lips with my fingers this does help a bit. Also if I do get that first EQ with a bursting mouthfill it's usually fine cause to immediately begins to shrink. Does anyone else have a similar issue? I might note this hasn't really been an issue yet cause with a single fill I can get to 68m with air still left in my mouth.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT