• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Custom footpockets for recreational monofin

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

The Nerdmaid

Mar 17, 2016
Hey, new free diver here, hoping to ask a few questions before purchasing my first fiberglass monofin. I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction of a company that will do custom sized footpockets for a beginner/recreational fin. Something like the Waterways Nemo for example.

I know custom sizing is pretty standard for hyperfins and the like but obviously at this level I don't want to get a really intense competition fin. I'd also prefer to keep it under 300$ (Canadian). Though if customization brings it over I guess I'll bite the bullet.

I've heard Special Fins has done this in the past, and I'd been eyeing their Dolphin and Dolphin FRD models. I contacted them over a week ago however, and haven't heard back. From what I've gleaned they seem to be having some ongoing issues due to the health of the guy running it, so it may take too long to get any answer. Which is too bad, as they seem to be the only place offering transluscent white monofins. The monofin is also going to be used for some mermaiding, and while it's not a necessity, I would have loved to work the translucency into a tail design. (The mermaid thing is also why I'm not looking for bi-fins)

I'm usually about an 8.5 Womens, but sometimes size up because the front of my feet are on the wide side. What causes problems is that my heels are quite narrow in comparison, and often slip out of shoes that fit my wide front feet. My experience with smaller, cheaper monofins like the Finis Wave was pretty much the same: constantly pulling up the back, while the front squished my toes. Part of that may have just been the design, but I'm still worried about trusting standard sizing in something I cant try on. If I'm going to be spending money on something good quality, I want to get the best fit possible, you know?

So, anyone have recommendations for a custom recreational fin? Or maybe you know a company whose footpockets run wide in front, narrow in back? Thanks, any advice is much appreciated!

Hello,
There is an option to make footpockets wider in front and narrow in back.However as you mentioned, that is only possible with "Pro fins'' like Glide monofin.
Working with WaterWay manufactory,we at www.monofinshop.com can help you to get the right fin for you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT