• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

custom made wetsuit for woman

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Julie Brunelle

Jun 2, 2016
I started freediving this summer with scubadiving gear (ie: wetsuit).

That wetsuit is wearing out and I'll need a new one, especially if I want to do the freeze dive this winter.

Since I'm not "standard size" and more short and plus-size (5'3'', 215 lb) I was looking for a custom made suit, but I have some concern toward the exactitude of measurements. I had bad experiences with custom-made drysuit.

I dive mostly in quary, so, cold water, looking for a 5 mil suit.

where should I look? who have the more accurate measurment and what type of neoprene?

There are lots of different options most scuba suits use a crushed cell neoprene so they don't have the warmth of a freediving suit . your best bet is to do a bit more research there are many companies that can design ,answer and help you with your exact use . I personally find Elios and oceaner amazing companies . Two of the Best freedive suits I have worn . I dive in frigid Canadian pacific waters and they keeps me more than comfortable I would suggest 5 mm or a 6.5mm custom, linings depend on your use and Yamamoto neoprene as It Goes in grades . But do some more research for your self email a few companies explain your use and shop around best of luck.

....these suits are well known for many years.
i know some people using them for years and they loving their suits.
well made, very good thinsulation and longlasting.

http://www.mareasub.it/en/
vogel_8_20130526_1217337566.jpg

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT