• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Custom made wetsuits

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Benjamin Lecler

Oct 10, 2003
Hello freedivers,

I'm a newbie freediver myself, here in montreal, canada. I follow a course in a pool of a depth of 5m. I think I'm the only one in my course who freezes in that damn pool. I'm a realy thin person and that might be why all my warmth dissipate so easily. I tried 2 wetsuit and none fit. Probably no normal wetsuit will ever fit me. I measure 5"10' and I weight 100 lbs, which makes me skinny. I e-mailed Roger Yazbeck from picasso, he'll call me on the next weak. and I know that Marea makes custom wetsuit.

I post here to ask you what you know about custom wetsuits. Who makes them? Which ones are good? Do they cost a lot more money?

Bennjamin Leclerc

Reactions: donmoore
Custom is good

If you aren't a close match to an off-the-rack size, a custom suit can make all the difference in the world. When I first tried a rental wetsuit three years ago (actually for a scuba class), I thought I was going to die. I ended up getting fitted for a 7mm one-piece custom suit that I use for freediving and (very occasional) scuba, and it's the most comfortable thing in the world. Although if I were doing it over now, I'd probably go with the two-piece style typical in the freediving world.

I do have an off-the-rack 2mm/3mm suit that I use in warm water -- since it's thinner, it's stretchier. When the water in Southern California is at its warmest, I can get by with the thinner suit along with a rashguard or two.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT