• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cuttle Fish Even Cleverer

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Whoa that amazing. When I caught one before my mrs was amazed at the way the cuttle fish changed colour to try and match the colour of the newspaper it was on (dark picture) then it would pulsate colours when she put her finger near the cuttlefish body.

Absolutely love these creatures

Some time ago I saw an incredible documentary in which a big male cuttlefish had the female under him while he was fending off other males and a smaller male switched colour and looked just like a female and he sneaked under the big male (who thought he was letting one more female into his harem), mated with the female under the big male and the went off.

Also I still remember the day quite a few years ago when I was swimming in the sea and came face to face with this cuttle fish - both of us stopped and were staring each other and the way it was examining me and looking at me was incredible, I have not felt such intelligence from any sea creature I encountered so far.

Amazing

thats pretty amazing.. i wonder what happens if a cuttlefish breaks the "bro code" and gets caught lying about his gender...

Z_sEePvTgE6KAhErOJ6X1w2.jpg

thats pretty amazing.. i wonder what happens if a cuttlefish breaks the "bro code" and gets caught lying about his gender...

They can be quote vicious

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR7Dqf0vzzQ]Animal mating rituals of giant cuttle fish in the blue Australian ocean waters - BBC wildlife - YouTube[/ame]

Cuttlefish, amazing little critters...and tasty too! how cool is that?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT