• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cyprus

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

samdive

Mermaid, Musician and Marketer
Nov 12, 2002
Couple of things re: Cyprus

TRAVEL : Obviously it would be dead cool to travel out together... or at least some of us together. If you know when you are flying and have found a good deal, please post it here so we can try and get at least some of us on the same plane.... especially if it is one of those grim 3am flights. My current plane (v flexible) is to go out on the 10th (Thursday) and come back on Sunday 20th. I found some quite good flights on Opodo.co.uk

TEAMS: We would like to enter three teams in Cyprus. These will be the
SaltFree Meanies - blokes, deeper
SaltFree Greenies - blokes, not quite as deep but still coooooool
SaltFree Queenies - babes

If you want to be on a team, you will need to be a) going to Cyprus (obviously) and b) willing to splash out for some t shirts and possibly a suit. To save us money, I have asked Howard for a price on the vests he had made for the sponsors in Cyprus last year - this way we could each wear a saltFree vest over our suit rather than everyone having to buy a new suit top. Will keep you posted.

If you would like to be on a team and haven't told me already, please get in touch. I have a good idea who are the usual suspects but do let me know! If we have more than three teams worth we will simply enter another. There is also a vacancy on Team Deepest Bear as I have transferred my affections but Tess and Simon want to keep the dream alive...

getting excited now...
Sam x

I've checked out those Opodo flights as well Sam and they suiit us down to the ground so will probably book them in next day or so. I'm waiting to hear back from Golden Arches re room rates for our stay and whether they want payment up front or on arrival!

Team - well you know I'd love to be included but not sure I'm good enough to do you justice! Whatever, your decision at the end of the day, but as I need a suit anyway, I'd be quite happy to fork out for one!!

Off to Richmond tonight for some training!

Donna

Well, if you want to bes sure about your booking with Golden Arches, I think you should try to pay in advance, even if they say they have noted your reservation...

Just my experience :duh

Rik

Flights are cheaper on www.cyprusairways.com

Following return is £174.06

Flight: 327
Departs
London (LHR)
10 June
9:45 Arrives
Larnaca (LCA)
10 June
16:10

Flight: 326
Departs
Larnaca (LCA)
20 June
17:45 Arrives
London (LHR)
20 June
20:45

looks good to me.....

Martin and I will be travelling on the 2215 flight on the 10th and back on the eve flight 20th. So we'll be on the grim 3am flight!!! That flight itinery is £169 on Opodo at the moment, and am now checking Cyprus Air website.

Donna

Our flights are booked:

Cyprus Air
Out 10/06 leaving LHR at 2215 arrive LCA 0440 (yawn!)
Home 20/06 leaving LCA 1745 arrive LHR 2045

Total cost £169.30 each on expedia.co.uk

No going back now!!!!

Donna

nice one Donna... but apologies if I decline to join you on the 3am flight....

hoping to travel over with Lisa and a couple of the safety divers, probably on the 9 45 flight and back on the same one as you

will book in next few days, just waiting for confirmation of time off from work

Sam

GIRLS!

Lisa - Donna..... and everyone else actually...

you do realise that you need to start training for static now don't you!!!

I did some at Christmas for the first time in ages and boy was it a struggle...

Teams SaltFree are gonna rock... and not just at constant weight... we have a reputation to live up to!

Sam

saltFree teams for Cyprus

ok - the following people have asked to be considered for team spots for Cyprus - if your name is not on the list and you are up for it (or if your name IS on the list and you are NOT) please tell me by the end of January. Teams will be picked and announced early Feb. We should have three teams Meanies, Queenies and Greenies. Meanies will be men, Queenies will be girls and Greenies can be either. Each team has three people and if there is enough interest we will also appoint a sub for each team - just in case anyone sneezes and pops an eardrum like I think I have just done..

Sam x

Names on the List

Sam, Naomi, Lisa, Donna, Deepest Dave, Hardest Dave, Mark H, Guy

there is also a vacancy on team Deepest Bear..... as I wanna be a Queenie!

I did statics at Richmond last night - the less said about that the better - it was pants!!!!!

Decided I need a personal trainer!!!! Any offers welcome!!!

Sam can't believe you don't want to join us on the late flight :) It is a nightmare I have to say, but work and kid commitments doesn't allow it any other way - still, can practise some statics in the pool before you lot wake up!!!!

Donna

Donna don't worry! I was teaching a friend to do static over christmas. On his first day he coule only just do a minute. After a week of training every day he did 4 minutes easily... once you get into the swing of it you will be fine.

I will let everyone know the saltFree teams for Cyprus soon and then you can pair up with a team mate to train in Richmond! I've got a static buddy over here now so have no excuses (but am still pretty pants!)

Hooray!!! Eventually I've managed to register myself! Looking forward to that static practice, did some in a cave last night while waiting for people to climb up and I wasn't that great! I'm really excited about Cyprus already!!!

Cyprus will be great - I can't wait
Lisa, it will be nice to meet you - I've heard so much about you :)

I'm going to Richmond tonight to do some more (pants) statics! Perhaps if I have a chocolate bar to look at whilst looking at the bottom - and then when I finally make it to 2 mins, I can have it for my prize!!! Or perhaps I should just get Martin to sit on my head for 2 mins....

Ho hum, the powers of positive thinking....

I think I've finally lost my marbles.....

Oh and I looked at saltfree website today - the new logo looks good Sam - will look great on the suits in Cyprus....

Mark and I, Lisa and Becky are all booked on the same flights

Cyprus Airways from Heathrow
Out on 10th June at 0945 CY 327
Back on 20th June at 1745 CY 326

Mark and Becky are both on the scuba safety team as are lots of our Angels - Marcus, Lars, Laura, Martin - so not only is Cyprus going to be mobbed with saltFree-ers, we will have our own safety divers too - nice one!

see you there

Sam

It will be lovely to meet you too Donna, hope you had your chocolate bar and made it to 2 mins! I'm getting really, really excited about Cyprus already!!!!

Reminder for the new comers: Air temperature can easily excess 40 centigrate degree celsius during summer time and i remmember 30 centigrate degree water temp. on the surface (-1 meter) last summer. Be prepared;)

Thanks Murat, I've experienced Cyprus in August - very very hot! My parents have a flat in Larnaca - think I spent most of my time in the flat with the a/c on when I went in August!

Lisa - didn't do statics last week, I was being a buddy instead and was bit chilly when it got to my turn so didn't do it. Plus wasn't feeling 100% anyway. But, on a positive note, did dry statics this week and managed my magic 2 mins easily so, the only way is up (or down??) from now on.....Roll on Cyprus! And Uk champs in May!!!

saltFree Storm Cyprus

OK - we are getting there with the teams...

The saltFree QUEENIES! (alias:girls) STORMing Cyprus will be:

Sam Kirby
Donna Ryan
Lisa Grant

and boy are we gonna kick some ass!

Sam x

Other teams follow soon......

Don't worry Cyprus is wonderful in the summer for freediving at least. Nothing like that breath of air as you hit the surface, oxygen tasting so sweet bathed in light so intense you can almost feel it bouncing off you.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT