• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cyprus!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I red about Zenobia a bit and if its true..one side of the rweck is on about 16m and the goes deeper.. And 16m is really a small number for me.
I talked with the owner of the Apnea school in Limassol and he told that he organized a freediving trip to this wreck..so i'mplannig first to do the course and then maybe arrange a dive with them:D
Normall;y i was diving in Polis, in Protaras, Gape Greco and Akrotiri..and honestly these were the best dives in my life:D
Cheerse

The Zenobia is easily freediveable, as long as you're with a decent buddy that is .... it's 17m to the top rail and 42m to the seabed. I've done it loads of times and its great. Feel free to PM me if you want to dive at this end of the island and need a buddy.

Donna

Whao! You people must have lungs the size of a Jumbo Jet :t
Roughly how much bottom time can you do freediving at 30-40m ?

My lungs are huge rofl rofl

I don't go that deep - I just bimble around the top rail, there's loads to look at. I'm not there for very long but long enough to see what's there. And as I'm in no rush to go anywhere else, I can dive as many times as I feel like :)

Not me:D My this years goal is reaching 25-30m..now i'm diviung back in Poland top about 15m and stay at the bottom for some time..but diving here is so much different..at 10m its so dark that without a torch you can't see nothing.. and the visibility is about 2m:D:D
So i'm realyy looking forward to this bautiful view of Cyprus:D

Ok ! Now I feel a bit better :t because my top is also 15m (on a good day) and although I would love to make it 20m I don't go diving frequently enough to be able to accomplish that :head

Donna, when you said that Zenobia is easily freedivable I thought you meant "the full monty" so to speak. I never thought that a free dive around the railing would be of any interest to be honest since the "juice" of the dive is around 30m (depending of course which part of the wreck you will dive for) or at least this is what I believed until now :confused:

Now that I know I might even try it some time - Probably when I am able to comfortably dive at 20m :)

Around the top rail, mid ships is a really nice dive. And its also very nice just hanging above the top rail, around 14m just looking :) If the viz is good you can see lots.

Mind you, I haven't been freediving for a while now because of my knee injury (Pastor be quiet :) ), so I may not get anywhere near the top rail myself at the moment. I really must get back into the water!

Donna you're not alone:D My buddy broke leg on Sunday when he was going to the pool training:D And now neither of us can dive:/ And it's really hard to survive without water, you know what i mean:D

Last edited:
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT