• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Cyrano 970

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

SeanButler

May 10, 2015
I have recently switched from my sporasub one 95 in favor of my cyrano 970 for its pure punch and manourveiblity alone. The problem is im finding it hard to hit fish, i dont know why but its not the gun or the spear.

Any tips?

Cheers Sean

Have you done any target practice with a sheet of plywood or comparable and weights to see whether it's an issue with how you aim it?

There could be several possibilities:
1) Gun is under pumped (the shots go low)
2) Gun is over pumped (the shots go high)
3) Bad spear (shots go anywhere)

I use Cyrano 850 exclusively and had to make a custom pump for it since all three OEM pumps are pure garbage and went bad (the oldest one lasted the longest). 970 requires a lot of strokes to pump up adequately and if the pump starts to leak at a certain pressure it might be impossible to get the pressure to a proper value.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT