• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Danish Indoor Championchips 2011

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mortenkv

Jan 14, 2008
The results were not so surprising. The World Champions from 2010 took the medals for men with very big dives in the dynamic disciplines. The new danish ladies are strong in the pool but not so all-roundish yet.

The championchips for men ended with a big drama. Jesper and Rune swimming 14.16 pm side by side. Jesper had a margin of 15m to Rune. But Rune took a new national record 236m and surfaced just as Jesper turned at 200m... how far is Jesper going??? white card for rune... Nat Record Wow! Jesper still swimming coming up now at +215 something.... and... white card. And then Rune and Jesper turn and faced each other, eyemeasure the distance and.... the winner with 1,6 point (combined) was Rune!

dmresultater.jpg

As the results show, this definately not a static nation...
Personally I did two new PBs (DYN/DNF) and I am one happy freediver :)
Morten

Last edited:
Great stuff and congrats - regarding static, it seems that many people held back? (eg Camilla etc)

I doubt there was any holding back in her case, she hasnt trained static much and find it very challenging. But ofcourse the static results in general was also influenced by that it was discipline no 2 that day. (DNF in the morning - STA in the afternoon).

Morten

I doubt there was any holding back in her case, she hasnt trained static much and find it very challenging. But ofcourse the static results in general was also influenced by that it was discipline no 2 that day. (DNF in the morning - STA in the afternoon).

Morten

Thanks Morten - if STA was second then it explains some lower performances. Also we shouldn't forget that these are under competition conditions..

I was mainly curious because I find DYN very challenging and I saw some pretty big (for me at least) DYNs there without STA being particularly long, so trying to figure out if it was due to the way some people there train etc.

Anyway I don't want to take the thread off topic, sounds like a great competition and exciting 'battle' for top spot in men, thanks for sharing

I was mainly curious because I find DYN very challenging and I saw some pretty big (for me at least) DYNs there without STA being particularly long, so trying to figure out if it was due to the way some people there train etc.

I think, in general, that the Dynamic Disciplines have always been more the focus for danish pool freediving ( as long as I have heard of and been part of) Maybe (improvising a bit here) its because we had some top-finswimmers in the early 00´s that gave the danish men (Stig, Peter P, Henning and so on) and edge on the dynamic technique/ trianing regime, and since it has just been the main focus in training - thats how it is in the CPH Club (KFK) anyway. Until recently we "never" did static

Nice results and a long list of paricipants... especially for late season and after 2 WCs! Congrats to all and especially to Rune and Jesper!!

Was the DNF held in a 25m pool?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT