• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Danish National Championchips in pool

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

mortenkv

Jan 14, 2008
Last minute announcement. Not very informative. Hardly any info available. Messy. Sorry. But:

We will have a national championchips in pool 20th-21st of november in Copenhagen (STA, DNF 25m pool, DYN 50mpool - and maybe Team Static). My guess is that the winner will be pretty damn good at all pooldisciplines - and that the members of world champion team (Jakob, Jesper, Rune) are favourites unless some foreign challengers are coming...? World Record status btw.

Google Oversæt

The whole organization of this competition have had a set-back in august, but nearly cancelling it we decided to do it anyway. But no fancy webpage, and no useful info or anything. But very friendly atmosphere, some audience and good facilities. Send a mail if you are interested.

Held by Copenhagen freedive club (counting +50 members). Arranged by Morten Villadsen and Jakob Hansen.

You are most welcome to drop by. The pool is very good (as in Aarhus). Accomodation (free, but basic) is already arranged for far-away-coming athletes.

Price 75 euro.

Wish us luck :)
Morten

Last edited:
This competition was not announced to AIDA International as far as I can see, and does not figure on the competition calendar, or does it? You still have time to announce it - according the v12.0 rules (2.3.3) the complete announcement should be done at least 2 weeks before the competition. If not, the competition will not recive the ranking status (though I can still add it to the unofficial APNEA.cz ranking anyway). And of course no WR status either in such case.

Thank you, Trux, for mentioning that. NOW the competition is in the calendar . and still foreigners are welcome, still we can find private accomodation with the people from the club and still the world champs are coming - and the pool is still awesome as well :)

If any info needed - please ask,
Morten

(now with my real profile login)

If any info needed please write to morten A holdvejret.dk

Hope to see some of you despite of the short notice,
Info page updated: DM i Fridykning

Morten

What a busy weekend with this competition plus the one in Sweden plus the one in Belgium (that's not on the calendar yet).

Yes, truly busy! - I hope we have some hungry freedivers out there to fill the lanes in all the comps...

Best,
Morten

Attachments

• GOPR1283.JPG
    GOPR1283.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 187
  • GOPR1414.JPG
    GOPR1414.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 180
  • GOPR1437.JPG
    GOPR1437.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 195
  • GOPR1439.JPG
    GOPR1439.JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 184
I really think that this sort of competition will have to be on AIDA calendar 2 months before... Or you organize competiton just for people that live by that exact pool and read pool's notice board every day. Someone will maybe got a crazy idea to attend that kind of a competition if information about it ware not hidden like the holy grail...

I really think that this sort of competition will have to be on AIDA calendar 2 months before... Or you organize competiton just for people that live by that exact pool and read pool's notice board every day. Someone will maybe got a crazy idea to attend that kind of a competition if information about it ware not hidden like the holy grail...

I totally agree with you, Goran. Next year (about same time) we will inform earlier - it all comes down to a question of sparetime and voluntary work - and last minute planning (no hidden things!). No excuse, but an explanation... Hope to see you here in 2011 to give the danish poolrats some competition!

Morten

Don't get me wrong Morten, It's not that I have something against this competition, the same or worse is here in Croatia, we have Submania cup in Zagreb in like 20 days, and no one on the world knows about it... so it is common thing.. just a wrong common thing that has to be changed, because it's the athletes who pay at the end.. and all this will supposed to be for athletes not against them...

Yes, Submania is not on the calendar either, as far as I can see. If you tell me the date I'll put it up at least to the calendar at Apnea.cz, but to receive the ranking status it has to be announced to AIDA as soon as possible - you don't have much time remaining.

We need to get a better and more complete competition callender!

At the moment we have for example in the weekend of 20 en 21 November two large and 1 small competition and the weeks before and after nothing as far as I can find. The two large competitions are even very close (in distance) together. That looks a bit stupid.

The other thing is that because of my work, it is very hard to know when I'm able to go to a competition. I need to know quite some time in advance. 20 Days is too short for me almost all of the times. Distance is not.

I understand that for the organizers it is hard enough to organize a competition, but at the moment the lack of information about competitions is dreadfull. And although I would prefer to participate in a ranking competition, if I have the choice between no competition and a non ranking competition, I would come over to compete. Because that is more fun than sitting at home or doing another training. At least I can try for some nice competition PB's.

PS: This is not to be critical of Trux or any of the competition organizers, they're doing everything they can. Trux can only work with the information he has, but for the sport of Freediving, we need to get AIDA into action on this.

I am afraid AIDA can't do a lot. AIDA could just enforce longer time than the current minimal 2 weeks for the announcement, but even those are often not respected (hence the competition stays without the ranking status). I doubt it would change anything. More likely we would just see more non-ranking competitions.

The In-list and sponsorlist is updated and the registration is officially closed...
21 men and 10 women (!)
The IN list

APNEA.CZ-links to athletes only works in the Danish version

Gonna be a blast...
Morten

I just corrected one mistake in the DYN results - the BO of Niels-Jakob Hansen was protested and turned into a penalty for pulling, so he was not disqualified, and won it in fact.

Yes, the DYN guys didnt really delivered (except Jakob 211m with pull). Jakob dived just before Jesper. When Jakob received his red card, Jesper thought himself a safe winner with an (made look easy) 175m dyn. But Jakobs protest went through (he was touch maybe a bit early by judge) and the table turned in his favor. Lars Strandridder was a bit out of shape with the monofin, but did a new competition pb in DNF. Rune Hallum had different plans for this competition than winning it.
For my own part, I got myself my first samba and red card (BO on judges notes isnt really correct IMHO) which was an unpleasant surprise as I have considered myself a really careful and safe freediver... but arranging and organizing the comp led to stress and anxiety prior to STA. To cure this I did a lot of warm up dives (wise, but), got cold, a bit nervous again (even more) and I must have breathed too much in the last minutes before the dive. Diving slightly shivering, hyperventilated and a bit stressed (an greedy for 6 minutes) it was a recipe for an accident. Classic hyperventilation loss of control - just as I have taught students a hundred times... :head My other dives were just "therapy dives" to regain control and confidence...

Full results (also the overall rank for the competition)
http://www.kfk07.dk/

Photos: New national PB from Ninna

and

From Photographer "Nicolas Egedorf" - please respect Copyright.

https://www.dropbox.com/gallery/14851378/1/DM%20i%20Fridykning%202010?h=22aefb

We had the event pretty good covered in the media thanks to the guys from Århus WC 09 who helped us a lot! (Thanks , Kurt!)

See you next time?
(we´ll announce earlier...)
Morten

Last edited:
Interesting turn of events for Jakob and Jesper with only couple of points difference at the end :) I understand some results might be less then expected for some.. it's hard to do 3 discipline in like 24h... almost impossible to do all 3 at your full potential.

Last edited:
Goran, in Belgium's competitions use to makes 3 attempts in about 5 hours :)

Three minutes photos from one of the event photographers Nicolas Egedorf...
[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/17420327"]Danish National Championchips[/ame]

Reactions: Kars
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT