• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Darkside power regulator.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

John M Orcsi

Apr 9, 2015
I installed new piston ect and put gun back together. Now my power regulator wont work. I never removed handle or any of that stuff. Before when it was on max and unloaded i would switch to low and run shaft down a few runs and it would get easier. Now its stuck on high power. Not that i really use low. But its just bothering me that it isnt working. I assume i must take barrel off at handle? Any tips. Thank you.

The regulator handle moves but doesnt open or close tank.
It's possible the power regulator housing got rotated slightly in the barrel when you removed the muzzle to replace the piston.
If the housing has rotated out of alignment with the axis of the regulator rod, the small 0-ring sealed brass plug at the end of the rod may not engage properly in its recess.
Check the regulator handle will still slide forward and back, and also turn down easily in the handle recess?
If it doesn't I'd say it could be misaligned...

Last edited:
It's possible the power regulator housing got rotated slightly in the barrel when you removed the muzzle to replace the piston.
If the housing has rotated out of alignment with the axis of the regulator rod, the small 0-ring sealed brass plug at the end of the rod may not engage properly in its recess.
Check the regulator handle will still slide forward and back, and also turn down easily in the handle recess?
If it doesn't I'd say it could be misaligned...
It moves back and forth and down. But easier then before. Must be loose. I suppose i will have to take apart. I have another question. Can anyone illistrate how to rig a free shaft. Im guessing i cant run tight to line release. I would think shaft is to fast. Need some kind of play. I saw sliders with stoppers. Is there a way you guys recomend. I have one sigalsub free shaft.

My Salvimar vuoto 85 never had a shot at low power. only works at maximum power. if I prepare the gun for a low power shot, the shaft simply comes out of the gun and falls without any force. the manometer acuse 2 BAR if I screw it in low force. In maximum power the gun it works perfectly and acuse 20 BAR on the manometer.

My Salvimar vuoto 85 never had a shot at low power. only works at maximum power. if I prepare the gun for a low power shot, the shaft simply comes out of the gun and falls without any force. the manometer acuse 2 BAR if I screw it in low force. In maximum power the gun it works perfectly and acuse 20 BAR on the manometer.
Mine worked fine before. I used it a few timed shooting blackfish in holes. Only problem is if a 40 pound striped bass comes cruising by i dont have time to switch to high. Anyway. I will try to fix it later.

How does this look? I never had this apart. Looks like it functions properly.
20180313_164912.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: marcelo cunha
How does this look? I never had this apart. Looks like it functions properly.View attachment 51852

From memory it looks alright but I've actually only taken that gun apart once so I can't be 100% sure.

Isn't there an exploded view drawing in the manual? Otherwise search for one online. I think the power regulator may be the same as in the older Salvi gun. Can't recall the name of that one but perhaps it's the Vintair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT