• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Daryl wong Euro/ Aimrite railgun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

kumuhunta

Apr 15, 2002
Has anyone used this gun before. I am thinking of getting this gun, any advice is greatly appreciated. I will probably buy the alluminum model that will be comming out soon.

after talking to Rick about it they seem like the real deal...picture an RA with an Aimrite trigger...He says they (the aluminum ones) will be priced below the RA's....

Aimrite makes great stuff, but I am a bit skeptical of the open muzzle on a railgun. I have those on two different guns and I had to install little screws on either side of the track to keep the spear from falling off when I was swinging the gun. The pressure of the line crossing over the spear was not enough. I would look down the length of the gun and see the spear flopped a few degrees off kilter. It doesn't happen with the same muzzle on my hybrid b/c of the enclosed track...

On the other hand, I would trust Rick's engineering to have fixed the problem.

Rabideath, could you take a picture of what you're describing? With the bungie on my shooting-line keepint the line taut, I haven't experienced this particular problem as you described.

Thank you.

Edit: Now that I remember, the open muzzle I purchased for my OMER Alluminum had a similar problem. The groove for the shaft was way too shallow. A friend showed me how to deepen the track by simply taking a blank section of shaft material(with non-rounded edges) & shaving out the track to make it deeper. THis helped tremendously as I matched the muzzle-groove level to the level of the track. The end result is a better seat of the shaft & a smooth transition all the way from the trigger through shaft through muzzle through fish :D

Last edited:
Yeah,
I am having techincal difficulties with my digital camera...as in- it doesn't work anymore, but I will try and take a pic soon. Essentially, it is two tiny stainless screws that sit on either side of the muzzle's track to keep the spear from sliding side-to-side. I will take a pic when I get a chance. This is on a OMER carbon excaliber on which I installed an after market rail and open hawaiian muzzle.

Like I said, Aimrite engineering is second to none, so I imagine that if they found it to be a problem...it is probably fixed. However, that is the source of my skepticism about the open muzzles.

make your shooting line the right length next time:D

that is weird about the shaft flopping out, i would think that if the mono was tight enough and wrapped around the top of the shaft properly, it would not come out. i have the wong titanium hybrid and i really have to smash it around to get the shaft to pop out of the muzzle.

kumuhunta - hanapaa on dillingham has TWO of daryl wongs pipe guns for sale on consignment, both by the same guy. i just handled them in the store, and it seems, i would just get a euro gun and only use american stuff for larger/teak guns. just my humble opinion. i cant remember the price on them though... they also have some awesome custom teak guns on consignment made by someone in indonesia that are the nicest looking guns i have ever seen. all alexander triggers too.. way better lookings than my wongs or yokoojis i have seen. just my humble opinions. :)

different views

Attachments

• 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 683
1980's water gun

Originally posted by Memo
wow it looks like a carbon masterpiece :)

Hey, I'm a new member and was checking out da new Aimrite gun. Doesn't it look like a cross between a JBL and a Rob Allen railgun ? little on the 1980's watergun look side:D

The gun looks bulky how much does it weight with the shaft? is that reflective tape or the carbon barrel look?
it will scare the fish
if they wana duke it out with the real Euro guns they gota make something that looks a little smoother than that, too squarish.
the blue water guns are da kine though.

Kai

thats silver carbon fiber, most that have used it say the fish are drawn to it like a flasher, also comes in black carbon and aluminum...

as for me, Ill take the squared look of a superior trigger mech any day. Hoy many times have you heard of euro guns with trigger issues, especially when you change the bands?(just ask murat) This gun has the same trigger as the bluewater guns.

Doesnt weigh any more than an RA of the same size.

Don't forget the extreme life time warranty. Daryl is also cool people, had talked with him several times via the e-mail and he is very helpful.

I heard from another forum that alluminium barell models will be less than 250 dollars... Good for wong quality gun (as i am sure they don't degrade the quality becasue of the low price).

In my personal opinion from the fuzz's pictures its looks bit ugly and bulky but net pictures sometimes can not show the gun fair amount good.

There should be also reason if its more bulk than other euro guns, like absorbing the recoil coming from 7.14mm shaft and double band...

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT