• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Deeper Blue's Youngest Member

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

unirdna

tropical wuss
Sep 16, 2002
Congratulations to Jon and his wife Lisa (that order should probably be reversed)!!!

Today, Jon is a proud papa. I have no details about his little girl other than a message on my answering machine..."Ted, forget about spearfishing today........I'm a dad". Judging by the restrained elation in his voice, I'd say everything went alright.

The Wisconsin freediver population has just undergone a 50% increase. :)

Join me in giving the guy a pat on the back. Seems that his boys are much better swimmers than he is :eek: .

Last edited:
Daddy.....where are you daddy......? .....:D
More more babies Jon...I got 3 already.

Hey, I only said hello to your wife, nothing more, I swear!! ;)

Congrats! Having a daughter as a first child is waaay easier than having a son first. My daughter turns 17 on Father's Day and asked for a new car, but my son turned 13 last week and the stud asked for a speargun!!! Yep!, that's my boy! :king

sven

I was bugging Jon a few weeks back...in Canada we say "Ah, your wife pulled the goalie." A little crude, but funny (if you like hockey).
I hope you were able to watch the birth Jon. My experience was watching my sister give birth to her boy with midwives and family around. I watched this little being take its first breath, then he looked me in the eyes.....I was staring into the heart of creation and WISDOM, is all I can say to describe that! If you guys have seen it, you KNOW, if you haven't, you should try.
From my time talking with Jon online, I have no doubt that the world will be a better place with a little version of him and his wife running around :)
Congrats to the little one on a 9 month breath-hold.
Warmly,
Erik Young

Thanks for all of your repiles!

We're all little bit tired right now, but everyone comes home today.

Life is good!:cool:

Jon

Last edited:
You can tell that cutie is Jon's... look how she's hung! rofl

(much love bruddah! :blackeye )

sven

Last edited:
Oh how cute. Congratulations. Have to get more fish to feed the baby. Ha!

Peace

Look! She is trying to hold her breath already!. Congrats on the little bundle of joy:p Best wishes to you and your wife. Just wait, before you know it you will have to give up the car keys.

Blessings to your family,

Aquiles

Congrats Jon!

and baby diving...or is it called baby swimming...:)

A couple of dive buddies surprised me by giving her a baby wetsuit. Swim lessons are in less than 6 months, but it will be a be a while before she can fit into my mono.:D

Last edited:
I heard that babies are born with no fear of water, and in order to cultivate this, they must be introduced into the water in the first ?6 months of life. If you miss that window, they develop fear of water and this can take a long time to overcome...

I would do some research on babies & water....

Personally I would not introduce a baby into chlorine water (UV or ozone or warm ocean would be better, otherwise they will never want to open their eyes down there).

Mayol's book homo delphinus has a chapter on babies and water. At one point I think he said there was a 6 month old baby that could hold its breath for 3 minutes while playing with toys down there!

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Originally posted by efattah
At one point I think he said there was a 6 month old baby that could hold its breath for 3 minutes while playing with toys down there!

:( Dang baby has better bottom time than me!

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT