• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.com Announce UK Member Meet 2013!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan Whelan

Papa Smurf
Staff member
Admin
Jan 7, 1999
Following on from the huge success of the 2012 event we're proud to announce that the 2013 UK Member Meet will be held in Guernsey once again. :friday

Dates
The 2013 UK Member Meet will be held in Guernsey between Friday 2nd August - Sunday 4th August 2013.

Schedule

Open to all, the weekend will be filled with diving, member socials and fun activities for all the family. The timetable of events is:

• Friday 2nd – Introduction Social Night in St Peter Port
  • Saturday 4th & Sunday 5th – Specimen Hunt & Spearfishing Competition, Freediving and Scuba Diving opportunities, Non-Diving sight-seeing opportunities
  • Saturday 4th – Members Social Meet (BBQ) in the evening at the spectacular Herm Island BBQ
  • Sunday 5th – Prize Giving in the evening hosted by Foxfish
Prizes
All prizes will be announced nearer the time. A DeeperBlue.com Event T-Shirt and Goodie bag will be provided to all registered participants.

More details will be available on the official 2013 UK Member Meet information page.

Information and Registration

The official information page is live and will be updated as more information is available. To enable us to track numbers accurately and keep you informed we ask everyone interested to please register via the form on the official 2013 UK Member Meet information page.

Accommodation Options
We are conscious people want to book accomodation and information is provided here. We are sorting out a host hotel and more details will be announced shortly.

Here are some options on the island:

There are also a number of Camping Options - Guernsey Campsites and and Caravan Sites

2012 Rogue Gallery
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8RpZ-f1pDI"]DeeperBlue.com - Member Collage - August 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
You will have to use a Ferry Rob its an island or maybe theres something about this new car you got that you havent said yet.

You will have to use a Ferry Rob its an island or maybe theres something about this new car you got that you havent said yet.

Nothing terribly special... its a 30 year old land rover and can go almost anywhere... but not quite to Guernsey unaided :)

Last week I drove the car home from Amsterdam to Cork via Ferry at Roscoff - Rosslare. I actually came fairly close to Guernsey -ish...

I'm tempted to drive there for two reasons... 1) easy to take guns 2) the wine stores on the way home... :) :) sure didn't I have to test the suspension last week with a half ton of booze loaded in the back :)

Last edited:
OK I will suggest August the 3rd-4th for next year as the tides are much more convenient than we had those year, being mid morning lows.
I am not sure if I am reading this right but as far as I can work out low tide on Sat is 10.12 am & sun at 11.03 - I cant see if this is BST or not but either way = looks good
I guess there will be some folk who want a bigger tide but I think, learning from this years experience - the timing is more important than the size!! where have I heard that before LOL..
http://www.visitguernsey.com/downloa...ide_Tables.pdf
I cant find out if there will be any conflicting fishing event in Guernsey at the same time but I feel we should take the chance & deal with the situation if & when?

I will be building a very special gun over the winter & the gun will be awarded as first prize to the winner of the 2013 events specimen hunt.
I am still planning the design but, it will a colourful multi laminate wooden gun of around 90-100cm with a handle set around two thirds back from the muzzle.
I have already ordered several components from the States including the trigger & track...

Nice one Mart- I'm looking forward to seeing the gun and spending at least a week on the island this time :)

Martyn, fantastic news, be prepared to be invaded by the crapauxs again! Is the weekend of the 3rd and 4th August now set as the official date ?

That sounds great to me many thanks to foxy for prize and all the time and effert getting things sorted cant wait . Well done to you all.

Mike, as long as I am reading that tide table link correctly then yes the weekend of August 3rd-4th please confirm you see that in the same light as me!

PS there is presently a program running that is probably the best advertisement Guernsey has ever had - take a look here Video - ITV Player

How about lowering the age so that younger people can get involved , I'm not saying let anybody take part but would be nice to see younger people there spearfishing , i was thinking about 15 , anybody else got any thoughts on this ? Please consider this seriously , Many thanks macauley

Last edited:
Mart- just checked tides on my Navionics and its giving me low @11.18 BST on the 3rd and 12.09 on the 4th at St Peter Port.

As a newbie I can't wait for this!! I shall book time off tomorrow, weekend of the 3-8-13 confirmed?

Mart- just checked tides on my Navionics and its giving me low @11.18 BST on the 3rd and 12.09 on the 4th at St Peter Port.

Grant I get Sat 3rd low at 10.12am & Sun 4th 11.03 am http://www.visitguernsey.com/downloads/2013_Tide_Tables.pdf
Either way it seem OK - lets just see if Mike or Jonny have anything to say about the tides & we can then confirm the date.
It will great to have you along Riko, chefs are very handy people:)
Mac, we have discussed this before & the age limit is not an personal issue but I will look into it again!

Grant I get Sat 3rd low at 10.12am & Sun 4th 11.03 am http://www.visitguernsey.com/downloads/2013_Tide_Tables.pdf
Either way it seem OK - lets just see if Mike or Jonny have anything to say about the tides & we can then confirm the date.
It will great to have you along Riko, chefs are very handy people:)
Mac, we have discussed this before & the age limit is not an personal issue but I will look into it again!

i think its a good idea to use the nip tide; there will still be plenty of flow, just not such a worry for non locals who arent used to our tides.

that time of low could also be good for fishing the rising tide, lots more possibilities.

i think its a good idea to use the nip tide; there will still be plenty of flow, just not such a worry for non locals who arent used to our tides.

that time of low could also be good for fishing the rising tide, lots more possibilities.

The Jersey boys are really looking fwd to it, and intend to join in, whichever dates and tides u guys think best. cheers mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT