• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.net Chat now in BETA!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Just tried it with iexplore and netscape... maybe there's something I don't have set right but all I saw was a gray box with a an x'ed out graphic in the top left corner. Didn't work for me. Try again?
Fred

Good news for talkatives like me:D :D

But Stephan i had the same problem too.

It worked for me, although there was no one chatting.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Good news for talkatives like me:D :D

But Stephan i had the same problem too.

Mine still don't work. When i clicked that link,grey box appeared writing "DeeperBlue.net Forums Chat for Murat" on the left top corner but nothing else to click or write....

Mine did it!...Hey that is a first for me...You can tell I don't get out much...I like it...but my screen froze up on me...but all I had to do was go out and come back in...Nice :)

Murat - you need to download java for your browser

Loopy is right - you need Java to make it work. Strange thing is that browsers normally kick in and download Java automatically for you...

However you can download Java from http://www.java.com

i think maybe if your security settings are too high in your browser it won't do that? not 100% sure about that though

Reactions: Murat
Looks like the chat room is reasonably popular. Been chatting with several people for a while...

If this keeps up i'll look to schedule some events and get some big names in the chat room.

Reactions: Murat
I downloaded the java program (thinking I needed an update)... it works with my netscape but not my iexplore... Fred

Last edited:
good idea

Good Idea cuenta con mi apoyo ...
im happy with the chat and to meet new freedivers that I din't know ...fue un buen momento haber chateado con nuevas personas....

saludos

Daniel.

Last edited:
good idea-es una buena idea

Originally posted by Stephan Whelan
Looks like the chat room is reasonably popular. Been chatting with several people for a while...

If this keeps up i'll look to schedule some events and get some big names in the chat room.

Yes

One thing I don't like about the chat is that your message can only be one line long! I tried chatting a bit and a couple of times I couldn't finish typing my message because it didn't allow me to enter a message more than one line long.

Eric Fattah
BC, Canada

Originally posted by efattah
One thing I don't like about the chat is that your message can only be one line long! I tried chatting a bit and a couple of times I couldn't finish typing my message because it didn't allow me to enter a message more than one line long.
Eric,

That's a limitation of the current implementation of the chat. We are currently using a trial version of the chat software to test without incuring charges. If the services proves popular over a period of time we'll move to an upgraded service.

In the meantime you'll need to post your messages in several chunks :D

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT