• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

DeeperBlue.net Forums Being Upgraded

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
... Unfortunately i'm not sure that either vendor is likely to change their product behaviour at this present time.
The behaviour does not need to be changed. It can remain identical as it is now, just adding a human clickable link to the HTML body of the redirect. The change is trivial - all what is needed is copying the code placing the HTTP header string "Location:" and the URL into the HTML body. If you have the PHP source code, you can do it easily yourself with just the very rudimentary knowledge of coding in PHP. Simply search for the strings "Location:" and "301" in the directory containing the PHP source files - that should bring up the concerned file rather quickly. Then add a HTML body including an A anchor link with the same code for the URL as used in the HTTP Location directive.

Last edited:
Hmmpf, trux,

sounds reasonable, but I can't see a 301 in the http headers.. I just get a 200 OK.
These are the headers I see using firefox' HTTP-headers plugin. I can also go deeper and use the wireshark if You want me to :)

Edit: Did use the wireshark. Same result. can't see a redirect anywhere. :confused:

---%<---
http://forums.deeperblue.net/deeper...ums-hit-historic-10-000-members-new-post.html

GET /deeperblue-net-announcements/67868-deeperblue-net-forums-hit-historic-10-000-members-new-post.html HTTP/1.1
Host: forums.deeperblue.net
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060830 Firefox/1.5.0.7 (Debian-1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.7-2)
Accept: text/xml,application/xml,application/xhtml+xml,text/html;q=0.9,text/plain;q=0.8,image/png,*/*;q=0.5
Accept-Language: en-us,en;q=0.5
Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7
Keep-Alive: 300
Proxy-Connection: keep-alive
Referer: http://forums.deeperblue.net/deeper...090-deeperblue-net-forums-being-upgraded.html
Cookie: <You don't need to know ;) >

HTTP/1.x 200 OK
Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive
Connection: Keep-Alive
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:35:01 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.9
X-Pingback: http://forums.deeperblue.net/vbseo-xmlrpc/
Expires: 0
Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0
Pragma: no-cache
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Length: 20
Content-Encoding: gzip
---%<---
HTH,

Sanso

Last edited:
sounds reasonable, but I can't see a 301 in the http headers.. I just get a 200 OK.
You probably do not look at the right place, use improper tool for reading the headers, or there is something else interacting and showing you already the redirected header, or screwing it up. There definitely are HTTP 301 redirects:
Code:
GET /deeperblue-net-announcements/67868-deeperblue-net-forums-hit-historic-10-000-members-new-post.html HTTP/1.1
Host: forums.deeperblue.net

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:45:23 GMT
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
X-Powered-By: PHP/4.3.9
X-Pingback: [URL]http://forums.deeperblue.net/vbseo-xmlrpc/[/URL]
Set-Cookie: dbforumssessionhash=XXXXXXXXXXX; path=/; domain=.deeperblue.net; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: dbforumslastvisit=1167839123; expires=Thu, 03-Jan-2008 15:45:23 GMT; path=/; domain=.deeperblue.net
Set-Cookie: dbforumslastactivity=0; expires=Thu, 03-Jan-2008 15:45:23 GMT; path=/; domain=.deeperblue.net
Expires: 0
Cache-Control: private, post-check=0, pre-check=0, max-age=0
Pragma: no-cache
Location: [URL]http://forums.deeperblue.net/deeperblue-net-announcements/67868-deeperblue-net-forums-hit-historic-10-000-members.html#post624612[/URL]
Content-Length: 0
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1

... or there is something else interacting and showing you already the redirected header, or screwing it up. There definitely are HTTP 301 redirects: ...
Code:

Okay, must be the crappy firewall at work then. Will look when I have time at home.

Cheers for looking into this.

Sanso

P.S.: Thanks for showing me how to paste code :D

New info on new-post.html - behaviour

Hi Stephan, trux,

I found new info on the problem I have with ...-new-post.html urls:

1. Those links, including the one used for testing in this thread, also work for me when I set the display mode to linear but will not work if in hybrid or threaded mode.
This might explain why You guys are happily reading all new-posts while I couldn't.

2. I can also confirm that redirects work properly on all my machines. Other sites use plenty of those and I have no problem. This points to a not-browser-related issue.

HTH,

sanso

Last edited:
A smaller thing I just noticed:

The hint for the supporter program is also shown for current supporters - this seems to be a bit of a waste of screen real-estate :)

Re: New info on new-post.html - behaviour

Hi Stephan, trux,

I found new info on the problem I have with ...-new-post.html urls:

1. Those links, including the one used for testing in this thread, also work for me when I set the display mode to linear but will not work if in hybrid or threaded mode.
This might explain why You guys are happily reading all new-posts while I couldn't.

2. I can also confirm that redirects work properly on all my machines. Other sites use plenty of those and I have no problem. This points to a not-browser-related issue.

HTH,

sanso

Thanks Sanso - this has been logged with the vendor. I will keep you updated on the progress of the issue.

Just had to go back into my profile and reselect 'supporter' status. Seems the upgrade defaulted me back to 'registered user' with no blue highlighted name.

Cheers

Just to let people know that we've rolled out a new feature - the ArticleBot. This bot will post Articles from the main site in the same vein as the NewsBot does for News.

Apologies as it first cycles through the existing articles and posts to the relevant forums.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT