• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dentex calling or aspetto? Mediterrenaen spearos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
yes grech is maltease what a coinsedence. so my friend was right he told me that alot of people in gibraltar are maltease.guess he was right. cool. maybe youll see me in gibraltar in the future sometime .would be great to do some real spearfishing .not that malta isnt real spearfishing but i think that you must have a lot more fish stocks in gibraltar .id love to come there some day.is gibraltar in the eu.is it hard to find a job there .i just might come over there for a couple years.
lol
seriously would be cool.

Trust me, there are fish in Gib but not that many. You need to know where to find them.

It has to do with how often i go in the water which is nearly every day. I am letting fish swim past that most ppl would should without thinking as i have the fridge full.

this is probably why the big ones appear. I have not spooked them by shooting at a smaller one in front of it while the big one ion the background speeds off.

Yes gib is in the EU, although the Spanish say we are not :(

With all the betting companies that are here finding a job would be simple.

Take Care

Shane

Thanks to Maltaspearo for reactivating this thread.
And also thanks to everyone in this forum,because we have shared our knowledge.When i started this thread I want to learn how to call the dentex,by the time and esp. by the guiding of this forum I have learned too many things.
I want to say ..thanks,thanks ..I love this forum...

And the result is...

congrat aydýn very nice fish it is...

aydýn will give you the details;)

Last edited:
Hey its a very nice fish Aydin :) please look your pm list...

Thanks for the compliments friends.For 4 months Im on a cardio training and dieting myself.Im 44 years old,180 cm and was 93.3 kg.After this 4month now I'm 73.3 kg.These things help to improve my performance ,I think.Now I can do 2:15 aspettos at 18 mt.,last year only 1:30 at 13 mt.By the help of this difference,and also by the guidance of the forum(also my static PB came to 4:45)this summer I could see and catch more and bigger dentices.
This fish came after a long aspetto at 13 mt. and turn lateral and began to go laterally and examine and look to me very curiously app. 5 mt. away.I just hold the gun and after the shot it was on the spear,not on the dynema.Instantly and very quickly I hold the spear with the fish and noticed that I have dropped my snorkel but find after 10 minutes.

Are Dentex very hard to catch? I remembered my first ever spearfishing boat trip, I was able to land this 20 kg pargo (dentex?) and was told that only professional spearfishermen gets them (what the heck is a professional spearfisherman?) I told the guide an avid spearo that this one must have been sleeping because I wa able to get on top of it at about 80 feet of water and it did not move an inch until I hit it right on top of the head with a JBL explorer (not a very good gun for a fast fish that stays away). The fish went wild after that and after about 5 minutes i was able to put him on my peixe porta on the boogie board. I never seen let alone caught another one for the rest of my stay in the Acores.

The Pargo you are talking about is a Cubera Snapper if i am not mistaken.

Yes they are hard to catch and they are well known for their gear wrecking abilities.

The Dentex is a hard fish to catch too but there are days when they are easier to shoot than others. Still trying to find out why this is.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT