• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dentex calling or aspetto? Mediterrenaen spearos

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
Hello friends two days ago I have catched this dentex
Aydın

Attachments

• siin..bmp
    175.8 KB · Views: 252
Hey Aydyn,

Congratulations my friend. How much did that beauty weigh?

Whats the gun?? :p

Tell us a bit about the capture

Shane

Hello Shane,
After pressing the autocapture button of my camera I have put the camera on my car and show the fish to the camera,its a kind of trick the fish looks greater than its original size, 2.1 kg. You can find the other photos at
http://www.amator-balikcilik.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=95
Dentex in December its so surprising but I have just catched the bigger ones this year.
In the first weeks of december basses begin normally,so I have prepared my equipment Shoulder weight ,etc, as usually in bass hunting.I did not see any tail for 3 hours,there were no basses due to the south winds the sea temp. was 17-18 C.Then I have decided to search my deep spots,to look for orata or sargos.

At 13 mt.s with my extra weights at my shoulder ,after a 1:30 minute aspetto i decided to ascend but i saw the head at 15-20 mt. away.But she moved very quickly to me , so in 2 seconds she was passing in front of my spear tip.Very close shot,damn I must have your camera Shane.... In one second she moved violently to the nearest rock and entered a small hole and came out 2 mt. away from another hole. I was ascending and also watching the vigourous movements,after breathing 15 seconds I dived with my knife (just like Dapiran hah hah) and finished the suicidal case.I have cut also the dynema and took the fish first.

My gun is a 104 cm totally laminated wood gun with two 19mm totem slings with a Dapiran 6.5 shaft.I will post the photos of my gun at the other site.

HEHEHHEE

Well done mate ;)

Hope you catch many more of those this winter.

I saw a dentex a week ago but the bugger did not come close enough even for the Tahiti. Must have been about 4 kgs.

How deep are your deep spots?

Shane

Thanks Shane.
I have improved a bit this summer Shane.Last year I could make aspettos at 13-14 mts 1:00 seconds,but after a hard diet and cardio program this summer the range began to get deeper. I have made 2:00 aspettos at 25 mt .There are reefs began from 9 mt and going to 30-40 mt.I nearly always dive solo so did not forced too much.Just step by step.You can see my 2004 summer fishes at http://www.amator-balikcilik.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT