• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Devoto: another Italian company know for shafts with a new gun

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Claudio

Sep 6, 2008
I just run across this on one of the Italian forums and thought of sharing it with you guys.

Devoto, the Italian company known for its shafts and reels, has a new gun out. Like the Seatec Gabbianos the gun's aluminum barrel is covered with a plastic material in the cuttle bone shape. Per their catalog the two models with different shape barrels are called the Rebel and the Rebel Special.

I like their muzzle idea, which allows for lots of flexibility in the setup. The handle has an adjustable trigger in stainless steel. I am not sure in the insides of the mechanism are all SS. The opening for the spear in this handle seems to have ample of room for all shaft diameters. This handle would be a nice alternative to Merou's handle for the euro custom builds, if Devoto will sell it separately, which I think they will.

Here is a link to Devoto's new catalog: http://www.devotosub.it/devotoshop/listiniecataloghi/catalogo.pdf

And here are the photos of this gun from Claudio Basili and the Italian forum Pescasub & Apnea forum:

Attachments

• devoto003.jpg
    devoto003.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 314
  • devoto004.jpg
    devoto004.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 275
  • devoto005.jpg
    devoto005.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 269
  • devoto007.jpg
    devoto007.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 265
  • devoto008.jpg
    devoto008.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Yeah, or frivannsliv hunter as it is called in Norway, I've used it, and several of my mates swear by it,great gun,shoots straight and is fairly neutral in the water

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT