• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Did anyone say ERECTION??!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
you know i was toying with is idea for some time now but with an airgun, i imagine it could be more tricky, maybe an adjustable spear too..

the overall quality of the gun seems like it may lack integrity with this extension concept

Erm, how can you comment on the overall quality of the gun when as far as we're aware it hasn't even reached prototype stage yet, let alone final build?

Have you ever handled any C4 guns? Quality is one thing they generally are not lacking!

Great names: erection, carbon hardon, C4 boner (& the implied Woody)

I reckon something like that might suit me. Set it short (70-75cm) for Dorset in Spring, 80 for Devon in Summer or 90-100 for Cornwall/Guernsey & clear water conditions elsewhere. Good point about needing different spears though Pastor; although, if it has a rail it might be tolerant of +/-10cm, so perhaps not nes. to have one per setting.

On the other hand, there are advantages to having more than one speargun available (broken wishbones, jammed mech, damaged spearline, lost/damaged spear, change of vis. conditions, loss) & I bet the C4 ain't cheap.

Now I'm not advocating C4, I just posted because I found it interesting, and in facts all these comments demonstrate that indeed it's something worth a discussion.

This said, as Magpie said, you may like or dislike them, but the quality of their products is beyond any argument: you can trust them on quality same as you would trust Daryl Wong, so to speak.
For the strength of the extensible structure, my thought this morning is: look at all the other assembled guns, Omer, Beuchat, Cressi, R. Allen, et cetera et cetera: they all have a joint between muzzle and barrell, and a joint between handle and barrell. All those joints seems to hold pretty firmly, right?
Now this one is different because it has a joint in the middle of the barrell. But I think that in this case too, extensible or not, the joint structure can be designed to be strong enough: what it takes is just a skilled engineer who knows what he's doing to calculate a correct endurance to load charge. Or am I missing something?
What I still wonder is how they will prevent the leaking into the empty section of the barrell....
Regarding the company, as far as I know it's an independent company.

Now, one more pic with the 3 c4 guns: on top Mr. Carbon, in the middle the ERECTION, at the bottom the Urukaj:

Attachments

• assieme3fucili01mi1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
Erm, how can you comment on the overall quality of the gun when as far as we're aware it hasn't even reached prototype stage yet, let alone final build?

Have you ever handled any C4 guns? Quality is one thing they generally are not lacking!

..... *sigh* if you read my comment once more, I am simply making an assumption. Personally for me I don't like it much, maybe when I see the finished product I may change my mind. Either way no need to get defensive :wave

I read your comment quite a few time mate. I'd question how and why you think you could make assumptions about the quality of a product that you've never seen and indeed hasn't even been built yet...

Comment on the concept, fine, but thats all it is so far, a concept.

Spagetti

On the C4 web site there was still reference to the original monocosca , do they still make those ?

Spagetti

On the C4 web site there was still reference to the original monocosca , do they still make those ?

I don't know if they're just stock remainings, or if they're still in production. However the c4 Monoscocca is still available in stores and the price has raised significantly compared to last year's tags. Which probably means they're new stocks I guess.

The original Monocosca is the only C4 gun I have ever had the chance to shoot but what a beauty it was I hope they still make it

you know i looked at that design again, i dont think there will be an issue with water at all, probably not with balancing and structral integrity at all either,,,only thing remaining is whether the concept will be appealing to others, im not so sure myself at this point...

Marwan

I am not sure I if understand your post, I think that design is the basis for the cayman HF and new Mares guns. To me the old one does not look that different then the new Mr. Carbon.

Do you mean you would not buy a C4 gun at all today ?

I guess it depends how your mind works but for me I just want to build a custom Foxfish extendable as soon as possible :t

I guess it depends how your mind works but for me I just want to build a custom Foxfish extendable as soon as possible :t

Foxfish I don't know how this can help with your project, but the company owner has read this thread and Pm'd me for offering this new shot exclusive for Deeperblue. Nice from him! (the previous pics were "stolen" from an italian forum, but this one comes directly from the source):

Attachments

• JK 410 - 01BIS.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

Spago gets the scoop again! It's like you work in media or something! You are a natural speargun roving reporter/detective. Well done, and great contribution/honour to our forum.

Rafael, i was basically commenting on the new concept of the extendable speargun, as some of us were concerened about water leakage in the barrel and structural integrity, both concerns raised by having bolts and an extendeble barrel section..all i was saying was, when i looked again at the pictures, i dont think there will be such problems..but im still not sure if i like the whole extendable concept...
other then that, id buy a c4 gun anyday..they are superb spearguns..

Hi everybody,
I'm Natalia Bonfanti from C4

I'm sorry, but we stop the production of Monoscocca in December 2007.
Now we have on catalogue Mr.Carbon, URUKAY and soon this new speargun.

Hello Natalia, welcome to DB..
i think its great to have you here, a lot of c4 fans on the forums, for fins and spearguns..its good to be able to interact directly with the owners..
I have a Mr Carbon 104 bought directly from you, I love it...
cheers

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
I'm Natalia Bonfanti from C4

I'm sorry, but we stop the production of Monoscocca in December 2007.
Now we have on catalogue Mr.Carbon, URUKAY and soon this new speargun.

:inlove This is super bad as$ I really really hope this gun goes through and makes it into production. From the way you can put pre made circular bands into the muzzle through the whole body being able to shorten or expand! Speechless :thankyou

I also want to thank you for posting such a reassuring comment, we can also say it's not a rumor any more!

Last edited:
Thank you all!
It is a pleasure for me to be here with you.

No,no,Armandozx, it's not a rumor, that's true

Some more pics

Attachments

• projpin0.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 168
  • projpin1.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 183
  • projpin2.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Reactions: strangelove
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…