• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Did anyone say ERECTION??!!

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
as an amazing aussie spearo named barry paxman always tells me 'simpler the better' and he dropped a nice marlin with single rubber super frog...i'll stay away from these complications i think haha. Great idea though, one size sorta fits all, thats cool.

Last edited:
... 'simpler the better' and he dropped a nice marlin with single rubber super frog...i'll stay away from these complications i think haha....
I suspect that most of us feel like that after the initial "great idea" response. Even the older C4s are decades ahead of almost everything else -- surprised more companies don't follow their lead. [Thought: if they can make an extendible speargun, then surely they can make an extendible spear to go with it?!]

Looking at the pictures posted by Pastor I noticed that per stretch of the barrel the shafts vary in size *length wise*

Seems the variations on the gun should require several different size shafts at least two, or just one long one but that would be silly if used at the barrels shortest size. Another thing that comes to mind is the power the gun will need at certain lengths..... I'm sure the bands will need different diameter/lengths during major erections ...... or is this something that has been addressed already??

Oh yes sure this has been pointed out at the beginning of the discussion.
Not a big problem IMHO. Here in the Mediterranean people tend to bring on a whole set of guns of different length for different conditions, tasks and fish targeted.
With this one you'd just have to bring on on one gun and 3 shafts and 3 band-sets.

Not a big problem IMHO. Here in the Mediterranean people tend to bring on a whole set of guns of different length for different conditions, tasks and fish targeted.
band-sets.

Not a big problem to me either! as I started carrying an extra shaft and rubber for my RA. With an open muzzle like that a user should have exact rubbers for the guns length at any given time. This to me is like ALL-1-Package Speargun

Last edited:
C4

I think I would only trust this project to companies like C4,because this gun would need alot of quality engineering and strength.

I am also curious about the size of the gun, possibly a 90 to 120 or maybe longer?

scoop! scoop!! scoop!!!
Name of the gun is C4 Joker, sizes extensible from 95 to 115.

nope it's all top secret. The company has been so kind and open so far to share with us the inputs of a project still under development, but yet it's still under development.

Last edited:
And finally, one year later.........the C4 Joker 410..........
.....is nearly................................
.................ready.......................!!!!! :friday

Attachments

• erection1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 144
  • erection2.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: foxfish
Some more sweet picks and a bit of info: the adjustable length/extensible speargun can be used as a 95, 100, 105 and 110. The muzzle is the same of the C4 Urukay, capable to hold up to 3 circular bands, kitted with a band-elevator to keep the bands in-line with the shaft (shafts from 6 to 8 millimeters, if I got it right).

Attachments

• erection3.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 151
  • erection4.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 141
  • erection5.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 152
And here some more pics of the finished guns all rigged with reel, shaft and bands. The pics are "stolen" from the italian forum bluworld.com (I don't work for C4 or anything, but if they wish they can hire me anytime now: I'm available! )

Attachments

• jolly4.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 151
  • jolly3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 138
  • jolly1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 144
  • jolly2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 152
Ah, one more thing: there is a space between the extension and the main body of the gun, designed on purpose to let the water fill in.

Last edited:
Nice ! But I am not so thrilled about the muzzle.

Why?

Meanwhile a new pic of the gun disassembled, so to show what it's about and what's different compared to a normal gun. You may call it a travel gun maybe?

Attachments

• joker10.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 144
Why?

Meanwhile a new pic of the gun disassembled, so to show what it's about and what's different compared to a normal gun. You may call it a travel gun maybe?

Well it looks bulky, maybe it is OK. I would have used a simple design like the HH muzzle with wings, bigger hole to thread more bands, all in carbon fiber. Two SS pins, one on the top for the line wrap and one on the bottom to hold the line.

But Italians are too creative for something this simple !rofl

I still don't like the cayman muzzles and now I have tried both the cayman HF and also the cayman HFLE since I've got one a month ago.

Reactions: spaghetti
Thanks for rep spago !

I like the LE but I wish I could buy without the muzzle !, it is a gun to be used with a 6.75 mm shaft, very light and easy to move around. Very accurate like the HF (I like the HF better). Going back to muzzle, check out the simplicity, no bolts, only has what it needs, nice pin on the top for the line wrap, nice hook on the bottom, why omer and C4 has to make it so complicated !

The only thing I don't like is the price they just raised 55 USD, is a little too much, I would also make the holy a little wider for the screen in bands.

About guns , the One is next ! Alaska is driving me crazy, may as get guns !

Last edited:
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…