• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Did I get ripped off for my gear and any tips for a newbie to the sport.

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Darcy.B97

Jan 5, 2014
Just recently ordered my gear for Christmas from adreno. A lot of my mates spear around half moon bay but went there last week and only saw a couple of parrot fish and a lot of rays. Does anyone on this site live in melbourne and can offer a few tips?? And what do you guys think of my gear.
Omer alien mask
Omer eagleray fins
Omer snorkel? (Forgot the name)
Beuchat arka competition 110cm speargun
Salvimar drop booties and gloves
And a dive knife
All for $480 australian. Good deal or not.

Much appreciated.
Darcy

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388969488861.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388969488861.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 196
Not sure of the prices in your area but seems reasonable. You forgot one piece of kit though...the HFing-GWS mating pheromone.

Hi
Really good deal, I would say. You have everything you need to get good fish, it's good stuff for a newbie. Now, you only need to see them.
3 little tricks and probably more if you ask for.

1- Always aim for the head, so you will always kill or miss but never wound. (Never think a shot is to easy, you'll miss it)Keep in mind the head, the head, the head....
2-Even if it is not deep, try to get to the bottom and don't move, you will never believe whats gonna come and look at you. Look behind, lots of them follows you.
3-This one is really hard but so helpful. Try to keep track of the condition when you see or spear a lot of fishes. (Tides,season and weather the day and the day before)If you are going to the same spot regularly and you gather those info, quickly you will never go out without bringing back good memories and good food. :)

Can you fish all year long?? Here it is to cold i got like 3 months when the water go's max to 18 celsius in fresh water and when you hit the 5 meters it is 6 to 4 Celsius. Salted water is even worst it's cold all the way through and all year long.

Wish you good hunt.

Simon

P.s: English is not my languages so be comprehensive about the orthography.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT