• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Differenz between CO2 and O2 Table...?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Farmer Mat

May 5, 2003
Hi guys,
i was wondering myself what is excactly the differenz between those tables?
CO2 - Table:
During the recovery times your body cant recover from all the CO2 in your blood system, but the O2-saturation has allready reached the maximum at the beginning of the next hold?
So the blood can`t get rid of the high C02 concentration very well, but has no problem with the O2? :duh
So during a CO2-table you never ever reach something like your O2 minimum, but you have to stop holding your breath, because the breathing reflex is to hard to resist? :hmm

O2 - Table:
During the recovery phases both - the CO2 is out of your body and the O2-saturation is high also.

Looking forward to your answers
greets
Mat

You are correct!

For example:

CO2 Table: recovery time gets less and less while the hold time remains the same (and not at your max ability).

O2 Table: Recovery time remains the same (to get rid of the most CO2) and hold time increases from hold to hold, in order to give you a hypoxic stimulus. Hold times can approach your max and they don't HAVE to increase if you go to your max. The idea is to give a good hypoxic stimulus.

This year I have been mainly doing ONE max static per training session without warm up. Training static twice a week. One day I decided to try a huge O2 table, (well kinda) and I was amazed with the results:

Here is what I did:

No warm up, just streching before the first hold.

7min hold (a personal best)
4min breathing very easy, through the nose (after the recovery)
6:33 hold
4min breathing
6:31 hold
4min breathing
6:15 hold
4min breathing
4min breathing

I then thought I should go home, besides my skin was probably too white :)

Panos,

That's a serious training session. Six holds at 80% plus of your max! I have been training only dynamic and CW (have no desire to compete in static this year) but I find any more than 4 attempts at 80% of max is all I can take without becoming overtrained. Maybe training statics is not as hard on the body as dynamic/ CW.

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT