• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Digital cameras... again

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

ickledevil

take a breath and relax..
Apr 26, 2001
Hi all,
Im finally looking at doing some underwater photography and have decided to go straight down the digital route as it will be cheaper in the longrun, anyway Im on the strictest budget and therefore wont be using the best equipment, so far I think Ill be going for an Olympus C2 with a PT011 housing my question is this, strobes/flashguns Does anyone know of my options? Cost over here in the UK and where I might find them second hand? Or any alternatives to a strobe. Again I'd be looking for somthing pretty basic to match the equipment and my budget, so far new the above looks like costing me nearly £300 but I can take almost £100 off if I get the camera secondhand. Are there any other options new or secondhand for a similar budget. Im not adverse to buying over the net or from other countries so suggestions please.
Thanks in advance
Joe

b&h photo is your best bet for prices on most everything (camera/strobes/housings) unless you want to try to snag the camera/card off ebay.

with olympus, you have a few options. the pt housing by olympus is by far the cheapest, but might not last as long and is not as good of quality as the ikelite. for strobes, you could either go ikelite or sea&sea. ikelite has two digitals to choose from and sea&sea one. depends on your budget. also, ikelite has a few video lites that are considerable cheaper than strobes. they also make them so you can put arms on your tray/base to hold the lite.

hope this helps,
andrsn

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT