• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

disposable cameras

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

shoutatthesky

Generalist
Mar 4, 2006
I can't afford a housing for my beautiful Sony Fsc-828 so here are my first experiments in underwater pic taking with a disposable. Any comments?

Attachments

• me freedive2.jpg
    me freedive2.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 203
  • nigel freediving.jpg
    nigel freediving.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 184
  • blue cod glenduan.jpg
    blue cod glenduan.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 190
Reactions: Pastor
Any comments?

Yeah mate, buy that guy in the first photo a hood rofl

Seriously, I think they are pretty good considering the equipment you are using. I'm no photographer but I believe that the proximity of the flash to the lens is the biggest problem with those cameras and they tend to give a direct reflection off particles in the water, a remote strobe being a better solution. But your pictures show what can be done even with a cheapo camera!

thats not to bad for a disposable camera but the results would be x5 better with a really expensive camera.

Ive also played around with those diposables, their quality of picture always amazes me. Ill see if I can find my pics I took and post em here aswell. Cool pics by the way mate :)

The fish is a Blue Cod. Quite a friendly fish and highly sort after for eating. This is quite a small one.

I took some pretty good photos with a disposable cam.Water clarity and light seemed to be the deciding factors if the pics turned out good,that and remembering to keep my fingers away from the lens helped too.The last one I used I lost mid trip and so I never got to see what would happen if I dove down past the cams 15foot depth limit.:(

Last summer I used two different disposable cameras (Fuji and Kodak) and the results were not too bad, although I wasted many pictures because of low light, or bad focus. If I remember well they are designed for the depth up to 4m, but I took them to 10m with no damage (though I did not take any photos that deep - too low light there).

See some photos from the cameras below. They are all from Corsica. My favorite one is the photo with the colored stones (red, black, green, blue, and spotted) on the yellow rock. It is taken in the Fangu river (with unbelievable clear water). The others are from the sea. The panoramic picture is made of two photos sticked together.
Corse.JPG CorseGaleriaRay.JPG CorseFangu.JPG Corse Galeria.JPG

Great photos Trux! Yeah I would agree with you on the pic with the coloured stones - very clear water.
As with my pix yours have a slightly grainy quality to them due to the high ISO rating of the film used. This setup is needed to avoid the need for a flash/strobe.
Can't wait till I can afford a housing for my camera (and a new wetsuit, flights to Florida, the Bahamas, Fiji, Vanawatu, a big yacht to cruise the world in, etc, etc.):)

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT