• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive boat - help needed?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

foxfish

Silver Smoker
Dec 31, 2005
Guys, I am considering buying a new dive boat & really like the look of this one Ceasar Thunderbolt
I have searched the net but cant find any "real life" reports on the boats performance. I note it is South African built, any one know anything?

is it a larger version of a "zap cat", they race them in SA and i think there is a cicuit in UK. a friend of mine has/had one. i think he had a fifty on the back, turns on a pound coin. he soon after prolapsed a disk...and last i heard was trying to sell it.

This looks like a bigger version of a Zapcat - my girlfriend used to have a one and she really rated it for spearing and mucking around
I met the guy who organises the Zapct racing in the UK, there are usually a few for sale.Seen them on ebay and they go for about £3k with engines and bits.

Thanks guys, you are right but much bigger than a zap cat. This one is 17.5' x 8.5' & has been designed for leisure rather than racing. However she will do 100kmh with the recommended 90hp motor. That much I do know but was hopping someone had tryed or at least seen one in the flesh (PVC).

oh man, i want one but ive just bought a new boat and the girlfriend would go nuts :head 100kmh foxfish your a bad bad man:)

Chuffin' 'ell that is a fast bit of kit! Better rope your kit down tight!

At least you'll waste no time getting to your fave spots... We've got an inflatable and I always worry about puncturing with spear tips, bass spines, stringer needles etc etc. Don't know how much you're thinking of spending but what about something like a Boston Whaler? I recon that would be the perfect spearing boat....

Dont know anything about that boat but, ... it seems to me that you are thinking about something else, besides spearfishing, or not? :)
Of course that thing would be a lot of fun, but it doesnt look particularly well designed for diving/spearfishing. Try to imagine bouncing around (not at 100, but even at 50 kph) with a lot of spearguns, fish, fins, iceboxes and other stuff on that flat deck. :hmm

Well some good points but I presently use a 15' ally catamaran & I am a qualified boat builder so I feel confident with the design. The Thunderbolt is supposed to be a very robust boat capable of taking on some big seas at speed? However I am not to keen on ordering a boat without at least some input from an owner rather than a salesman.
Total cost delivered with 90 Evinrude ETec = £10000.

Reactions: Mr. X
DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT