• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

Dive buddy for Gulf - between now and June 1?

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.

Rob Henzler

Sep 6, 2014
Hey everyone,

I have a few weeks off between jobs and am hoping to get from Atlanta down to Destin, Tampa, Gulf Shores AL, or really anywhere to get a little more use out of my gun before the 9-5 starts. I'm free pretty much every day between now and June 1, and I am happy to chip in with a little gas/beer!

I've got my own gear (3mm suit, 110 single band Buechat, a 10 ft closed top kayak if necessary) but am really just hoping to catch up with anyone who wouldn't mind taking me out for a dive or two. I learned freediving mostly a few times a week from shore in NZ during their past summer. I'm still working on decreasing my depth for now I'm comfortable hitting 10-12 meters. Any recommendations on shore dives I could hit would be great, or any info/watchouts to keep safe and legal always appreciated. Wherever I end up, i'll be sure to be licensed and well read on the regs of course.

sorry to ramble, to sum it up: lets get some fish?
Thanks,
Rob

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT