• Welcome to the DeeperBlue.com Forums, the largest online community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing. To gain full access to the DeeperBlue.com Forums you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Join over 44,280+ fellow diving enthusiasts from around the world on this forum
    • Participate in and browse from over 516,210+ posts.
    • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
    • Post your own photos or view from 7,441+ user submitted images.
    • All this and much more...

You can gain access to all this absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

dive R blades

Thread Status: Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.
I am a big fan of diveR. I have owned a pair of soft blades for 2 years.

Here are my comments: they are big, are easy on the ankles, require a slow large amplitude relaxed kick, well made and very durable, are on the heavy side for a composite blade. Best part is that you will never get tired of looking at the mermaid :inlove

I haven't had a chance to try any of the new carbon blades from greece, but I much prefer the diveR to any blade from C4 that I have tried.

Reactions: Mr. X
I have owned 4 pairs of them over the years. They are very durable. Ideal for the guys who will treat their gear hard. I now have custom made carbon fibre and this is the top material for fins.

I also coach quite a few divers using fins and I haven't seen one person who has the strength in ankles and legs to stop the scalloping and loosing water off the edges. They are very wide and push huge amounts of water. They have no rails to direct the flow off the end.

If you like wide amplitude strokes they will be ok but this has serious effect on streamlining and O2 efficiency.

A friend had a pair of DiveR fins that were unusually soft. Soft as I have seen these fins, and they were great.

The former US women.s Dynamic record holder, took the record in a set of DiveRs. These were diveR "shorts" and they had been shaved on either side and were about 2cm narrower. But she also has a small body size.

DiveR is moving into carbon fibre and I have seen a set of these. Looked very good and I would love to have a go.

Dove the carbons for two days. GOod fins. I wish they had rails.

Good info... I have been making due with Cressi Gara 2000's for years and I was leaning towards the Dive R's... but I defenitely want rails on my next set of fins.. I am rough on fins though so still not sure on the carbon... my cressi's feel way too short...

Thanks for any advice, Noah Metzger

Hi, can anybody lead me to a good online shop within the US having DiveR blads??

Thanks

I treat my carbon fins like crap and dont ever worry about them. anchors dropping on them, standing on them, walking weight belts whatever. I have the Hatch Carbonio GFT bought from Andrew at Nautilus Spearfishing. Florida Freedivers has DiveR fins and you can get them there or on their site.

I have a pair of DiveR Carbon composites which came with rails. Best fins I've ever owned. Bomb proof with tons of flex.

if any one is interested to buy a diveR blade we have a promo w/ a free foot pockets just mail me and il give you a good deal :)
photo.php

Hi guys, i just received my Dive R. Blades .. soft actually, so am willing to have a foot pocket..
I have a hard time with foot pocket fitting my foot, because its little bit narrow, so i tried Omer with 3mm socks and i barely can walk straight after every dive.
Now i have tried my brother's fins which is Beuchat Mudial..it has an awesome foot pocket..unfortunately it wont fit with my Dive R. blades.
so..
Help help help..

Salah

Imagine its not about the socks exactly the foot pocket much wider to my foots and tough .but i will give it a try.
Thanks.

Salah, why don't the DiveR blades fit in beuchat footpockets? Nobody carries them around San Diego, so I can't readily look at them. By pics on the web, they look similar or identical to Mares footpockets. mares pockets do work with DiveR blades and they are very comfortable. They are stiff where needbe and soft everywhere else so they are comfortable and still good performance. More importantly, the tendons that hold the blades are much softer and allow the fiberglass (or carbon) blades to flex and snap back much better than the very stiff Omer tendons. Several years ago I was diving in Omer pockets with DiveR blades and they felt like stiff boards with a little flexible tip. It was not a good combination. I even tried Omer pockets with Moana Waterman blades last week and it gave me the same crappy performance and feeling (though Moana blades were snappier). Disclosure: I own Moana. Other notes on DiveR blades is that you might need to sand off 1/4 inch from the base to make the angle fit properly in the Omer pockets. I'll bet your angle is not lined up with your footpockets, which can give you a boggy feeling and increases the chances the tendons will spontaneously pop off blades during hard kicks. Other things to consider, Omer pockets are wider, but not as tall and put more pressure on the top of the foot, especially in people with high arches. Mares (and presumably Beuchat) footpockets are slightly narrower, but accommodate taller feet and put less pressure on the top of the foot. My toes go numb in proper sized Omer pockets, and pretty much okay in any other brand, except Rob Allen, which run a bit narrow and pinch. Other possibilities would be the H Dessault/old Sporasub, but they are known for being narrow, so this might not be good for you either. Picasso pockets are pretty wide and fairly comfortable, though the tendons are very thick and fairly stiff and my DiveR's didn't stay in the tendons very well, unless glued in. If you are going to glue-in, then go Pathos! They are on the wider side and super comfortable and pair great with composite fins. Delta Ones/Salvimar will not fit your DiveR blade unless you do major modifications requiring a very difficult cutting of a notch. Good luck. Post your end result. I like seeing various combinations and how they turn out.

Hi Moana, you are exactly describing what actually I am suffering.
So you are saying Beuchat look similar to Mars and Mars footpocket fits good with DiveR. Then probably I would try it on the Beuchat now...hoping the curve of the blade will be fit properly.
I will let you know
Many thanks to you mate.:)

I tried to manage the curves of the blades but there is another problem which is the small tendons won't goes with the blades rail..
So in that case do I have to cut off the rail??!
I took some pics.here maybe it can help.
Btw.look at the different between both Beuchat& DiveR blades.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341713679868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341713679868.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 350
  • uploadfromtaptalk1341713710760.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341713710760.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 331
  • uploadfromtaptalk1341713739556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341713739556.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 327
Did you try bending the tendons backwards so that the gap opens up and then push the tendons over the rails on the blades? The narrow gap is part of what gives the Mares a good fit to th e thinner composite blade. The channel inside the tendon should still be plenty good size, although looking at the rail on the Beuchat you showed, it is entirely possible that they DiveR rail wont fit. I would be surprised though, that Beuchat sure looks the same as the Mares. This is common to have several companies using the same footpocket with just a little label or cosmetic difference.

The main problem now is the blades rail, so i have to trim them and try to place the tendons to fit correctly, someone told me about the IMERSION silicone rubber pockets, he said its very convenient and smooth. any idea !!!?

DeeperBlue.com - The Worlds Largest Community Dedicated To Freediving, Scuba Diving and Spearfishing

ABOUT US

ISSN 1469-865X | Copyright © 1996 - 2024 deeperblue.net limited.

DeeperBlue.com is the World's Largest Community dedicated to Freediving, Scuba Diving, Ocean Advocacy and Diving Travel.

We've been dedicated to bringing you the freshest news, features and discussions from around the underwater world since 1996.

ADVERT